DAYS: NY Post Inverview with Kola Boof!

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
As long as she doesn't turn Days into a big Judith Krantz novel. I'm just not that interested in watching a bunch of sinful, glamorous people concerned only about what they want. Sure there need to be some black characters and a lot of grey characters to keep things interesting, but too many people in Salem are miserable and "sinful" right now. I liked it much better when most of the people in Salem were motivated by love and family and normal human feelings.

• Members

WOW, she sounds like she's been through hell...

Otherwise, I can not see how anything she has spoken about can be interperted negatively.

Tony was by no means an "I want to take over the world" character. He was a cheap ass prick. There was no sense of "villain"-ness in his character at all. I don't see any other baddie even being able to be compared to him.

EJ is a good guess. Whatever she has done to this show she has changed it. There is direction and if it means having a really bad guy, then I'm all for it.

Also, I guess there is no doubt now about Gabe/ErickaKane... he did say there was going to be a NY Post interview...

• Members

EricaKane4Life was right on about this-good job!!!

I wonder who this character is. I think if it is EJ it would an awesome story for him and Sami-a good redeeming story. Reading that interview I flashed back to when EJ first arrived and Carrie said she recognized him from somewhere. I wonder if she saw him in Israel? That certainly connects him to the Middle East and brings up the OBL comparison right there. This could be both powerful and intense.

I can't see this going the route of Tony. That was way too sci-fi and like everyone said when he is behind everything that ever happens that is what is tiresome. They totally destroyed that character though.

I really do like this women-it's good to have new blood and some new perspective rather then the same old tired stories.

• Members

Now I´m really scared for DAYS. I hope Sheffer will have power to change this, because if something, this interviews tells me the show is going to be worst, not better. There is no demand for even more violent, brutal, cold stories about characters so selfish and unsympathetic that nobody can identified with. There´s a huge demand for DAYS to get back to its roots. Back to the family values, bigger than life couples and romance in the afternoon. So far we haven´t got any sign the show understands that. People likes EJ because he is finally someone who is sincerelly interested in Sami and likes her the way she is. The last thing anyone wants to see is him turning into a violent torturer.

• Members

I hope poor Sami isn't raped and tortured. She endurted that already with that sick, twisted bastard, Alan Harris.

I hope this story will give DAYS the much needed boost and press it deserves. And thank sweetness that [s.W.S.N.B.N.] is giving us something interesting to watch this summer.

So, EK4L was right about the Post Interview...makes wonder if he was right about everything else...:(

Huh? What about the slow-building Patch and Kayla romance? If was JER, he would have thrown a third party into the mix and made it a triangle by now.

• Members

I don't think you're being too dramatic, Kenny. I mean, has this EVER freaking happened on a soap opera before? I mean, gosh, call me crazy, but this is FREAKING HUGE. A character based off a living, breathing TERRORIST. This is so effing crazy!!!

OMG, you're so right about the "powerful and intense" comment, Phoenix! I'm thinking this [!@#$%^&*] is really going to scare me! If she means literal terrorist, and when EJ's true colors start to show and he grows a beard and everything else and just acts REALLY nasty...my God, a serious storyline like this will probably scare the [!@#$%^&*] out of the grown-up me as the Possession scared the crap out of the JSF as a child!

And he also said JER would turn "Passions" into a huge hit after coming back full-time to that show with a vengence!

GAME. ON. :D

• Members

There's no proof that EJ is infact the person she was speaking about. And she could have been joking with the reporter. I don't think that this is anything to get all scared for DAYS about.

I'm interesting in what she, Hogan and his people will bring to the table. Let me just say, whoever who has been writing DAYS since JER's departure needs to be given a freakin medal. Character driven, balanced storylines that is compelling me to watch every day.

• Members

What about this...

Those are things I don´t have any interest to see. And based on reactions of people around the net who have already seen the article, I´m not alone. It´s not new, it´s not fresh, it´s basically the same sh*t DAYS is trying to force on us for atleast last ten years. I´m all for Boof to be Sheffer´s muse, sidekick, lover or whatever Erica claims she is to him. But noway I want to see her ideas realized on screen.

• Members

When I read taking over the world, Tony, Stefano, and Victor popped into my head. And then the gloved hand.

Also, of course, in usual DAYS fan style, everyone is not reading what was said and is jumping to conclusions. She did not say she's basing a character on Osama. She said she's giving the character some evil characteristics based on his. She said he wants power and control. She didn't say he'd be a terrorist. Oy. Days fans. Oy.

• Members

NEWSBREAK:

Don't be surprised if Bradley Bell swipes [s.W.S.N.B.N.] over to "Bold and the Beautiful". He's trying EXTRA hard and neither she nor Hogan are signed to DAYS. Only Beth Milstein is.

As for the article--it's pretty crappily written, and Boof's novels are far more serious than potboilers, so I don't see her writing like this.

I think the newspaper went for a flashy, fluff piece. It doesn't even sound like [s.W.S.N.B.N.].

Archived