DAYS: NY Post Inverview with Kola Boof!

• Members

http://www.nypost.com/news/worldnews/soap_...anne_garvey.htm

SOAP DISH ON 'MY OLD FLAME OSAMA'

'BIN LADEN' TV CHARACTER

By MARIANNE GARVEY

July 2, 2006 -- Osama bin Laden is coming to a soap opera near you.

A woman who says she was the terrorist's unwilling mistress a decade ago and who is now a writer for hire for the NBC daytime soap "Days of Our Lives" is creating an outrageous evil side to one of the show's male characters based on the mass-murderer-in-hiding.

"I took characteristics straight from Osama," 37-year-old [s.W.S.N.B.N.] told The Post. "This character wants to take over the world."

"I'm bringing in his dark side based on my experiences in the underworld."

Now a soccer mom to two boys and living in a ranch house outside Los Angeles, Boof - born Naima Bint Harith - said after 9/11 that she had been repeatedly raped and intimidated into cohabitating with bin Laden for six months in Morocco in 1996.

He supposedly showered her with gifts - like exquisite silk dresses, chunky diamonds, and a farm in Kenya and a house in South Africa, both of which she says she still owns.

"Living with him was the most horrible thing," she said. "I still have nightmares that he's going to kill me."

"I'm not proud I was a kept woman, but I use a lot of what I went through with Osama bin Laden in my soap writing. Many of the women characters have deep, dark secrets, and I can relate to that."

"I've been sinful, I've been a villain, I've been desperate and hungry enough where I've had to make something happen. I know what it's like to be raped, to sleep with a rich man for his money, to have diamonds and furs."

Born in Sudan, Boof said she witnessed her parents murdered as a young child.

She was adopted by an American military man, grew up in Washington, D.C., and returned to Africa while in her early 20s.

According to her story, she met bin Laden while she was on a date with a man in a Marrakech restaurant. The terrorist had his goons usher the date, a Sudanese soccer player, away. The men then brought her to bin Laden, dressed in white robes and sitting at a corner table.

He asked her what she wanted to order. When she replied, "lion's meat," he told her she was "disgusting." She ran out of the restaurant fearing for her life. He later showed up at her hotel room - to rape her.

She left Morocco six months later.

She said the bin Laden she knew was "brilliant," striking, liked to hunt duck, enjoyed eating yogurt and peppered watermelon, smoked marijuana, made her wear her hair in a '60s-style flip hairdo, and prayed all day Tuesdays and Thursdays, when she was not allowed to speak to him or touch him. He also often spoke poorly of his mother and loved blondes.

Some have doubted the veracity of Boof's story.

After Sept. 11, she played homemaker for five years, living with her now ex-boyfriend Simon and their boys.

On a whim last year, she wrote a letter to Stephen Wyman, executive producer for "Days," asking him to take a look at her writing. After reading her autobiography, "Diary of a Lost Girl," Wyman let her write some dialogue and propose story lines. "It's my dream job, a fantasy for me," she said.

"They say I bring in the spice - I'm bringing in the idea that the characters should sin over money, power, glamour, men."

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Interesting.

Any guess on who this character is? I'm thinking it's probably EJ Wells, because there seems to be alot of hullabaloo about him from the show although he's really not done much on-screen. I'm guessing we'll start seeing his "Osama-like" qualities soon? Plus, [!@#$%^&*] has said that EJ is her creation, so... you do the math. She's also said in interviews that Osama was suave, sexy and smoothe when she met him... which is exactly how she's described EJ Wells in various posts that I've seen.

This is crazy. A soap character based on Osama bin Laden, created by his former 'mistress!' Truth, ever so often, is so much stranger than fiction.

It sounds like it could be another Tony-esque thing, but let's think about this for a second...

The problem with Tony wasn't that he wanted to take over the world. That wasn't the problem. The problem was that he was the reason for EVERYTHING that happened on the show. He was somehow responsible for the traumas going on within each and every storyline, and it just wore thin.

Additionally, there was trouble with the sci-fi factor... like the whole Melaswen storyline with the fortress, man-controlled volcanoes, magnetic floors and force fields.

Tony wanted to take over the world, yes. But THAT wasn't the issue I had. I was just fed up with the sci-fi comic book camp factor and his involvement in EVERY. SINGLE. STORY.

One thing ("taking over the world") has nothing to do with the other.

• Members

I am guessing she is responsible for the glove hand. This glove hand is controlling everyone and everything in Slaem, and it might be EJ, since he is [!@#$%^&*] creation.

But I cannot believe a character about OBL. WHOA!!

Thanks

Now bring on a interview with Hogan!!

• Members

When we find out who the character is who's based on Osama (and it just HAS to be EJ, IMO), people better watch out! Especially Sami. She and EJ have been pretty intense... I can only imagine what he'll do when he starts thinking of her as his 'property' and whatnot. He'll lock her away and make her his slave, a la Osama/Boof. Jesus!

I seriously cannot believe that daytime how has a character based on Osama bin Laden, created by Osama's real-life former 'mistress.' You better believe I'll be paying close attention to EJ from now on!

I wonder if Osama will be tuning in to Days to see the character based on him? LoL Jesus... this could put James Scott in danger! They might want to murder him just for the blasphemy of imitating the almighty Osama or something.

Alright. I'm being dramatic.

Ooh, just thought of another thing.

[!@#$%^&*] says that Osama liked blondes.

EJ likes Sami. Sami = blonde.

OoOoOoOoO!!

• Members

If EJ is indeed "OBL" of Days, I am going to hate the character. Can you imagine the TORTURE Sami is about to endure. Poor Sami. And who knows Sami might not be the only one, we have a lot of blondes on the show. Carrie, Belle,...........DAMN, Days is really pushing it aren't they. I guess fan reation, will determine how this storyline will act out.

• Members

Hmm... this is interesting wording:

"...is creating an outrageous evil side to one of the show's male characters based on the mass-murderer-in-hiding."

It doesn't say it's a character she created -- just that she's creating an outrageous evil side to a male character, period. This could be a character who already exists.

IF... if, it's not EJ, and it's someone else, who could it be?

Certainly not Bo or John. No way in hell. Frankie? Jack? Steve? Phillip? Shawn? Victor? Hell, is Victor even still around? LoL I think Victor's "locking Nicole in her bedroom and making her eat food from a dog bowl" actions were already close enough to Osama, no? What about Austin or Lucas? Patrick? Abe?

• Members

Okay, Kenny... I see your point with the whole Tony thing... and now I'm not so worried... :D Thanks for reassuring me! ;)

But I too think it's E.J. He is her character and I believe she brought him on for this purpose! But I wouldn't want E.J. to be that.

I also can't see Austin be that guy.. lol Abe no....

But what about Roman going crazy and wanting to control the world? lol

• Members

Oh God, no.

One of the worst things to ever happen to Days was him, IMO.

Garden of Eden, Teen Invasion, Melaswen and Alex North. The worst things to ever happen to Days.

• Members

If it is E.J., then this will go along way into finally redeeming Samantha. It's about time if it is him, because she has spent the last 11 years being awful to everyone in Salem, and maybe seeing someone she trusted turning out to be an abject monster will start turning her head in a different direction.

Only time will tell.

• Members

ITA! I'm hoping that E.J. is the character that Boof is talking about. I think it would be interesting to see this storyline play out from beginning to end. And since Boof has experienced it in the past, she would have an excellent point of view for the story. I just hope we get to see it play out, in detail. I'm talking (the meeting, the seduction, the turning point, the abuse). I think they already started this storyline though and from the fan's reaction, we like it! E.J. is really charming up to Sami. She thinks the world of him. With the truth about to come out and Sami kicked to the curb by her family, she will be more vulnerable than ever for E.J. to slip in the Step 2: SEDUCTION!

I'M LOVING IT!

Archived