"Boston Legal" ("Stick It")

"Grey's Anatomy, "It's the End of the World"

"House" ("Autopsy")

"Lost" ("Man of Science, Man of Faith")

"Rescue Me" ("Justice")

"Six Feet Under"

"The Sopranos" ("Members Only")

"24"

"The West Wing" ("Election Day, Part II")

Not listed: "Alias," "Battlestar Gallactica," "C.S.I.," "C.S.I.: Miami," "The Closer," "E.R.," "Everwood," "Huff," "Law and Order," "Law & Order: SVU," "Medium," "N.C.I.S.," "Nip/Tuck," "Prison Break," "Rome," "The Shield," "Veronica Mars," "Without a Trace,"

TOP 10 BEST COMEDY SERIES FINALISTS?

(Episode submission in parenthesis)

"Arrested Development" ("Development Arrested" - Finale)

"Curb Your Enthusiasm"

"Desperate Housewives"

"Entourage" ("Exodus")

"My Name Is Earl"

"The Office" ("Booze Cruise")

"Scrubs" ("My Way Home")

"Two and a Half Men" (“Santa’s Village of the Damned”)

"Will & Grace" ("The Finale")

"Weeds" ("You Can't Miss the Bear")

Not Listed: "The Comeback," "Everybody Hates Chris," "Extras," "Gilmore Girls," "How I Met Your Mother," "Malcolm in the Middle," "Monk," "New Adventures of Old Christine"

DRAMA ACTOR

Hank Azaria, "Huff"

Michael Chiklis, "The Shield"

Patrick Dempsey, "Grey's Anatomy"

Matthew Fox, "Lost"

James Gandolfini, "The Sopranos"

Michael C. Hall, "Six Feet Under"

Peter Krause, "Six Feet Under"

Anthony LaPaglia, "Without a Trace"

Hugh Laurie, "House"

Denis Leary, "Rescue Me"

Bill Paxton, "Big Love"

Martin Sheen, "The West Wing"

James Spader, "Boston Legal"

Kiefer Sutherland, "24"

Treat Williams, "Everwood"

DRAMA ACTRESS

Patricia Arquette, "Medium"

Kristen Bell, "Veronica Mars"

Frances Conroy, "Six Feet Under"

Geena Davis, "Commander-in-Chief"

Edie Falco, "The Sopranos"

Jennifer Garner, "Alias"

Gennifer Goodwin, "Big Love"

Mariska Hargitay, "Law & Order: SVU"

Allison Janney, "The West Wing"

Evangeline Lilly, "Lost"

Ellen Pompeo, "Grey's Anatomy"

Kyra Sedgwick, "The Closer"

Chloe Sevigny, "Big Love"

Jeanne Tripplehorn, "Big Love"

Polly Walker, "Rome"

COMEDY ACTOR

Jason Bateman,"Arrested Development"

Zach Braff,"Scrubs"

Steve Carell,"The Office"

Kevin Connelly,"Entourage"

Larry David,"Curb Your Enthusiasm"

Ricky Gervais,"Extras"

Omar Gooding,"Barbershop"

Fred Goss,"Sons & Daughters"

Adrian Grenier,"Entourage"

Kevin James,"King of Queens"

Jason Lee,"My Name is Earl"

Bernie Mac,"Bernie Mac Show"

Eric McCormack,"Will & Grace"

Tony Shalhoub,"Monk"

Charlie Sheen,"Two and a Half Men"

COMEDY ACTRESS

Tichina Arnold,"Everybody Hates Chris"

Stockard Channing,"Out of Practice"

Marcia Cross,"Desperate Housewives"

Jenna Elfman,"Courting Alex"

Lauren Graham,"Gilmore Girls"

Teri Hatcher,"Desperate Housewives"

Felicity Huffman,"Desperare Housewives"

Jane Kaczmarek,"Malcolm in the Middle"

Lisa Kudrow,"The Comeback"

Eva Longoria,"Desperate Housewives"

Julia Louis-Dreyfus,"New Adventures of Old Christine"

Reba McEntire,"Reba"

Debra Messing,"Will & Grace"

Mary-Louise Parker,"Weeds"

Leah Remini,"King of Queens"

This was a great episode, but I thought "Into You Like A Train" was the year's best episode.

I think with this choice and Grey's choosing "...End of the World," Lost will win their 2nd Best Drama in a row.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Those are the only categories that were voted on last weekend. The other categories are being done the same way they've been done in the past.

One of the posters at GoldDerby who attended the Lost screening said that it seemed like several other people in attendance were lost while while watching that particular episode. I hope it doesn't hurt the show's chances.

• Members

These are the only pre-noms there will be. The new system doesn't affect the supporting categories.

And, if Six Feet Under submitted "Everyone's Waiting," they are the frontrunner for the win, IMO. If the new system works, that is.

• Members

ITA, Chris. If Six Feet Under submits one of the last two episodes of the series, then it SHOULD win hands down, without a doubt. If there is justice in the world, that is. I've never seen acting or writing like that a day in my life EVER! But they won't win, who am I kidding!?

I wouldn't count out Grey's Anatomy by any means. That episode was AMAZING, as was the one after it.

I love LOST and have been its biggest fan from the get-go, but I don't think it deserves Best Drama this season. It deserved it last year by leaps and bounds, but not this year. This year the race is a little closer. And that episode was clearly not the most well-done epi of the year. At least not in my opinion.

Sopranos should be contenders for this year, as well. This season was one of the best.

I'm also pretty shocked that there's no mention of L Word. This season gave us some AMAZING performances.

• Members

Also, if the new system works, then Michael C. Hall should get in for his performance in "All Alone," if he submitted it, which he had to. He was effing amazing in that episode. And Conroy deserves to win for "Everyone's Waiting." Granted, I haven't seen this season of The Sopranos, but I don't want Edie Falco to win again. She has absolutely deserved at least 2 of the 3 she has won, especially for season 4. I still have not seen a better TV performance than from her in "Whitecaps," but I want someone new. And Conroy has been waiting for 5 years.

• Members

As for Six Feet, I'd love to see Conroy get one too. Michael C. Hall is just an awesome actor. He really came into his own on 6FU. It was his first TV/Movie gig if I recall correctly. I think he came straight from Broadway.

But most of all for 6FU, I really think that Lauren Ambrose should get something. I ADORE HER! She blew me AWAY the last season.

This clip ALONE is reason to give 6FU, AT LEAST, a nom, IMO.

• Members

Sadly, even though I am predicting them, I think both Ambrose and Griffiths are going to be snubbed. It's too bad that the new system doesn't affect the supporting categories. I think they would have been in for sure.

And that is the best ending to a series ever.

• Members

I hope that Kristen Bell picks up a nomination. She's such a talented actress and she kicks ass on "Veronica Mars". I was always pissed that Sarah Michelle Gellar was never nominated for an Emmy for her work on Buffy (she gave Emmy winning performances) so this would sorta counteract that injustice.

• Members

Let's give Martin Sheen his well deserved Emmy for his role as President Bartlet on The West Wing...he should not go home empty handed over such a legendary role

I predict Lost or Grey's Anatomy will get Best Drama Series (I do not watch GA religiously)....spoiler might be The West Wing due to its final season...maybe even The Sopranos? You never know with primetime Emmys since they do appear to sometimes be unpredictable

Archived