Eileen Davidson Leaving Yr?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

All I will say is I watch both shows and Eileen has never been more alive then when she was at Days.

Yes and that was back in November around the same time we heard the "aces up his sleeve" comment which we now know was Steve and Kayla, SN, MBE, Hunley, and Davidson were the 4 that were inquiring about returning and now we hear this. I don't care what Y&R is going to do she has done her best work at Days and that is what she will always be remembered for. With Sheffer coming on, Eileen may be intrigued.

• Members

He said no to them all because he said there was "no room at the inn." Then he later said he had aces up his sleeve for a big summer story and here we are with Kayla and Patch in a big summer story so yeah it was them.

I think we may see Joe Mascolo back on Days before Eilleen or the Kristen character. Stefano would be Sheffer's James Stenbeck and I could see him using him and bringing the Dimera family back to it's glory. I would really love for that to happen. JER totally wrecked the Dimeras this time around. Morina and Langan started to wreck them but through Tony (I so wish they would make him Andre to save the character) he destroyed them. I do think Sheffer could fix it though.

Eileen looks so held back on Y&R. I mean I know about the big story coming but she just doesn't seem alive on Y&R compared to her greatness on Days.

• Members

Why on earth would ED be "banging down the door" to get back to DAYS? She is on the number one, critically acclaimed show on Daytime. I imagine she earns a fortune, too.

And there's no way in hell Corday would turn her down if she wanted to return. He would give his left testicle to have her back.

• Members

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Chris B @ Jun 25 2006, 05:01 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

If you mean the one with Martha Byrne on the cover, she's simply going on a short vacation.

SiD covers are always so misleading but in a really baaaaad and hilarious way. They even copy their one covers. I wonder if Pruza of GH fame are editors at this magazine to get the dough rolling? LOL!

Last fall it was "this could be the DEATH of Nikki" now it is Martha Byrne with a similar pose (granted, plus baby belly) and again "This could be the DEATH of..." :lol:

ETA: Well said, Chris! Genoa City needs its Spermpig. And bringing back Diane would be no sufficient compensation for Ashley.

• Members

Well Ponz it didn't stop Heather Tom from leaving "the no 1 critically acclaimed show" to go to One Life To Live which was not doing very well even then - not as well as Y&R was. Sometimes things like that or even money don't matter.

Corday is a businessman, and he turned down Nichols & Evans numerous times before, and Eileen Davidson is not better than them to have been said no too.

THIS COMMENT IS NOT DIRECTED TOWARD ANY ONE PERSON SO DON'T THINK IT IS. THIS IS A GENERAL STATEMENT. I don't know what it is about the show Y&R or even the actors that are on that show. It's like the show is the best thing ever on daytime and if an actor/actress is on there they are suddenly too good for any other show in daytime. Don't get me wrong I love Y&R too and watched it for many years but I don't get how it is supposedly all that much better than any other. I think Lynn Latham is great for it, but I enjoy ATWT much better than it and see better quality on ATWT than I do on Y&R. Y&R gets good ratings and has good quality, but the snobbish attitude by some fans concerning the show even keeps me from watching it many times.

• Members
Y&R wasn't willing to give her the type of money they give the men so she left. I completely understand that. Hell, when Victoria Rowell's contract was up she went a full two or three months before they worked something out. Another factor in Tom's leaving is that she wanted to do theater which would mean moving to NY. It was more than just Y&R.

ATWT is my favorite, but you can't really think it's better than Y&R? Last year? Absolutely, this year? No way in hell. Paul/Meg/Emily was on too much, there is no balance at all and many storylines are tanking. Surprisingly enough the risky gay story is the main one working.

Y&R is put on a pedastal because it is so much than the majority of soaps on today.There is a reason it's #1 for so long, they really strive to delivery quality in all forums. It has fantastic sex, waredrobe, hair, makeup, acting, writing, directing, etc.

It's very consistant, unlike the other soaps you can't look at it and say it was ever as bad as Days was under Reilly now or OLTL under Dena Higley. They have a vision and no matter who is writing the show, they stick to it.

I completely understand the "WTF?" attitude when it's suggested a cast member leave. Kinda like if Marcia Cross or Teri Hatcher decided to dump Desperate Housewives and go to One Tree Hill. What reason would you have for leaving the #1 soap with strong writing and better money than you'll find elsewhere?

Archived