ATWT: Spoilers from TV Guide

• Members

Looks like Damien will send Luke to a camp that claims to deprogram homosexuals. Also Emily, will allow her fetus to be harvested for stem cells in order to save the life of Jenn's baby.

Chris Goutman says "Both stories will steer clear of religion and politics, that's not our agenda. We want to put a human face on these issues."

Goutman also says the Luke twist is quite startling, "The camp director shows up at the house, and it's basically like, 'Pack your bags. I've got the car running'. It's pretty scary for Luke" So scary it triggers an accident-that will allow Martha Byrne to exit the show on a long maternity leave.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Who thinks Luke is going to fight off the guy from the camp...Lily goes in to convince Luke to go...he tosses her down the stairs by accident...causing her to miscarriage the baby...resenting Luke, Damien perhaps...then leaves town for a long maternity leave.

• Members

Interesting scenario, that's entirely possible.

I was thinking maybe Luke gets mad, and runs out the door, maybe takes Holden or Lily's car, and Lily follows trying to stop him, and somehow she gets run over, and that puts her in a coma.

I wonder if she'll lose the baby?

• Members

I can't wait to see how they write Martha Byrne off! I haven't been able to figure it out and was beginning to think she was here to stay, lol. I'll really miss her on her maternity leave. :( My guess is that she won't be back until September? Thats way too long without Lily. :(

Can't wait to see Luke in the straightening camp! I love that they are sticking with this story and not just glossing over. I think they are doing a good job of showing all sides of the story. This definitely matches up with what I expected Damien to do.

• Members

Wow. These actually sound like very good storylines. Usually ATWT tends to be on the conservative side when it comes to social issues, but these are hot-button issues in the news today. Also, ATWT tends to do a lot better in red states, so we'll have to see how the ratings go. As Luke's coming out storyline proved, though, ATWT can steer away from having a political agenda by concentrating on the family. So hopefully they'll be able to do that w/ these storylines.

Has anyone seen the movie Saved!? Yeah, those "camps" can definitely backfire! It would be funny if Luke left and came back w/ a boyfriend. :lol: I'm thinking the same thing is going to happen, that Luke is going to do something to Lily so that MB can go on maternity leave. I hope that Lily doesn't lose the baby, but it could be a good storyline. :(

The Emily one is going to cause a lot of controversy though...I already know it. I can understand it if she miscarries the baby, but if she has an abortion it's going to ruffle a lot of feathers. It's too bad that Emily's baby isn't going to make it. :( I was actually starting to look forward to seeing the Stewart/Ryan spawn causing havoc in Oakdale for years to come.

• Members

I figured after today's episode, that look on Damian's face and the statement he made to Lisa was only going to spell trouble for Luke.....Once again, Damian is bringing a bunch of mess into the Snyder's lives...Just as Holden said today, whenever Damian comes to Oakdale or comes in contact with Luke and Lily, only spells some sort of trouble beginning.

• Members

I'm hoping they'll do a procedure where the baby may or may not live....Emily (and Paul) will be taking a HUGE risk but I'm hoping the baby will be ok. Too many delicious opportunities would be wasted if they killed off the Ryan/Stenbeck/Stewart baby now....

• Members

I agree. I really don't know a lot about stem cell research, but can't you get stem cells from the umbilical cord? It seems like if they're already going ahead w/ this storyline, though, that Emily's baby isn't going to make it, unless they give her a rapid pregnancy. :blink:

You know, if Johnny's going to get sick, it'd be a good time to bring back Daddy Craig!! **wink wink**

BTW, was this from the magazine or the website? I haven't received the newest issue yet b/c the last one only had stuff about GL and Days.

• Members

This does sound interesting! Of course, the Luke stuff is very intriguing. I'd like to see how he fares at the deprogramming camp. I can definitely see him being caught making out with one of the counselers in a broom closet somewhere!

The Em/Jen baby spoiler sounds interesting as well. I would prefer for Emily's baby to live, since it is a blood Lowell, and therefore, a member of an original family, but it'll be nice to see Jen happy for a while.

Wouldn't it be great if she hit the meth again?

• Members

This stuff sounds awesome. The fetus thing will definitely stir up controversy, but then again...it won't be the first controversial issue ATWT has brought to light.

Not so sure about the Luke thing. How in the world would Damian/Lily convince Holden to let Luke go to this camp? Or do Lily and Holden even know anything about Damian's plan?

Martha Byrne has pre-taped alot of scenes and leaves for maternity leave in mid-June...so whatever they have planned has already been taped. *evil grin and voice* Now...all we have to do is hog-tie some ATWT writer and get the inside scoop! :P

Archived