Will & Grace Finale

Josh

• Members

Tonight's episode was so good!!! The first part was a little weird with Grace's dream thing, but I think they moved it along very quickly and avoided having some over the dramatic themes in a comedy.

It was very good. Next to Dawson's Creek finale in 2003 or 2004, cannot remember which one, but it was awesome. I'm in saddness and happines...

Farewell W&G...may you rest with the greatest comedies of all time!!!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, it was a little melancholy, but I also found it hopeful. True, they spent all those years apart, but fate brought them back together in the end.

And little Ben (well, college-aged Ben) was a cutie. :)

• Members

I loved it, which was kinda weird because most of the season was very lackluster. My favorite scenes were the one when Will and Grace were talking about how they met, and Will was with Vince and Ben while Grace was with Leo and Lila. Though it was a bit sad that they stayed apart after they met again, I thought it was great how they connected over again... and I liked how Ben and Lila got married.

• Members

I was absolutely FLOORED when they revealed that it wasn't Will and Grace in the college scene, but Ben and lila...that was just...a moment.

And I like how the producers mentioned "Mad About You" leaving the season prior to W&G's arrival...perhaps it was a hint that the W&G finale would take almost the EXACT format as the "Mad" finale?

I can't believe Jack was Beverly's sex slave for Karen. That is just too out there...

But here's something funny: how about those two Milwaukee commercials that aired during the show? They both said "Act like a man." And we all know how flamboyant Jack can be. Was that commercial made just for the W&G finale or was it strategically placed during the show? What was their agenda, and will there be a controversy...?!!

• Members

I HATED IT!!!

I hate it when series finales try to cram a bunch of unnecessary stuff together. I know that they want to please those fans that would want to know what would happen to them...but this was just a garbled mess.

First, they had WAY TOO MANY flashbacks/future crap. I did like the part where they had a 2 year break...then they got together...I thought they would next meet their kids and they find a way to either move next door...or the "husbands" get them together...and their kids start throwing food at each other...or something cute...

That would of been sappy and statisfy the loyal audience that the foursome would be together.

What I didnt need...the whole aging thing...the Karen and Jack story was not funny...the show in general was sad....not a lot of jokes....it wasn't the biting/sarcasm that the foursome is really known for...

Not statisfying AT ALL!!

(Little Lila and Little Ben=super cute!!!)

BTW..I HATED Dawson's Creek finale too..

Liz ;)

• Members

Think again, sister. Did you not hear me, I got CHILLS from that Ben/Lila fakeout! That finale wasn't one that anyone would cry over but it definitely brought resolution and (should have) pleased everyone, given Grace and Will's ultimate happiness.

• Members

It was really cute...not amazing, but definitely good for an ending.

Lord how I'll miss this show. Granted, the last two seasons were less-than-stellar and w/ the constant reruns on Lifetime, I won't be going through any withdrawal. But I loved W&G! Karen Walker is my idol! ;)

• Members

I'm an advocate for sitcoms going out on a hilarious and a cute note. And this didn't really hit the hilarious part, at all, for me. The sentimental/nostalgic part it had down, but no jokes were funny last night. And that's a weak way for a sitcom to go out, IMO.

• Members

I thought it was a nice ending to the show..I really enjoyed Jack and Beverly Leslie..it was funny seeing Jack having to support karen..

the kids were very cute..and i liked that the show ended with all four of the characters at a bar doing a shot and toast together...

Archived