Ex-Destiny's Child Member Launches Solo Career

Ryan

• Members

Hey, I recently stumbled across a song by one of the original members of Destiny's Child, LeToya Luckett. She was kicked out of the group along with LaTavia (I think that's her name). Mind you, for the first two albums these girls were regulated to background only and weren't given a chance to shine at all, as we all know that Beyonce was destined to be the star of the group; that it created a launching pad for her career. Anyways, I've heard them sing live (the original group) and always knew that this girl could sing, now she's able to shine on her own. She has this song called "Torn" which I really like. I'd like to know what the Destiny's Child fans (if there are any on here) think about the song, her and/or the current group.

http://download.yousendit.com/12EFF7450BF5B5EC

http://download.yousendit.com/02D4B52C5A30EAC9 (In case the first link doesn't work)

I personally like Destiny's Child as long as Beyonce isn't singing, lol. I find her to be quite overrated and too high on herself. Kelly is a wonderful singer and should have had a better chance to shine.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

When Destiny's Child first came out, I was crazy about them...I really liked the songs that they sang; however, when the second album came out, I could tell that Beyonce was hogging up the CD with her voice, drowing out LaTavia and LeToya....I've heard both of these girls sing before (an old documentary about the group before all the trouble surfaced), and they really can sing.

I don't know if I've heard the song "Torn", but I wouldn't put it past it being a very good song....

I'm glad that the Destiny's Child of today is over and done with; The last album in my opinion wasn't at all good; and the only two people I heard the most on the album was Kelly and Beyonce, with just a pinch of Michelle.

• Members

I remember hearing that DC's vocal coach thought that Letoya should sing lead because she had the strongest voice out of all four, but Matthew was having none of that. I always thought that Beyonce was way too warbly for my liking.

• Members

Beyonce is nothing more than Diana Ross after she decided she was better than the Supremes....

I remember how Matthew dogged LeToya and LaTivia out by just cutting them the way they did; and had the nerve to lie and say they wanted out....They were even dogged out of the Grammy's the group won for the second album. I found it very insulting to those two girls who worked so hard to be dismissed and replaced like that...

• Members

I heard the song "Torn" and I don't like it. In fact, I saw the video on MTV and changed the channel before the song was over. I just don't like repetitive lyrics like this song has. She used the phrase "A part of me wants to.... " to many times for my liking.

I have always liked Destiny's Child, but it was clear that Beyonce was trying her best to overshadow the group. I find her voice grating at times. Kelly has always been my favorite.

I wish LeToya the best, I just won't be rushing to buy the cd.

• Members

I don't even know if I've heard the song yet; in all honesty, if I did, I wouldn't have known it....

I like Kelly a lot more than Beyonce...Don't know about Michelle, but I think at times Beyonce purposely tries to drown out Kelly's voice, and she has a good voice....I just don't like that whole dragging out a song thing that she does, trying to hold the note for soooooooooooooo long that you wish you could just flip the switch to shut her up.

• Members

I think you are right about Beyonce trying to drown out Kelly's voice. I don't think she can do it with Michelle's since Michelle's voice is so much stronger than hers, have you noticed that Michelle always has the shortest verses?

• Members

I knew that right after they did Survivor how Beyonce had all the verses and had Kelly sing her little part, and then Michelle's small dinky part, only for Beyonce to go overboard and drown them out with her voice...

I noticed that on the second album that had LaTavia and LeToya....they got to sing one harmony on their Amazing Grace song and so did Kelly but them Beyonce took over...She's just a new version of Diana Ross, and I didn't like her much none either. "Call me Miss Ross."

• Members

Thanks to Beyonce, I've always refered to DC as "three black girls in search of a note" because in every single song it seems like they're intent on hitting every note in the universe at least once before finally landing on the right one.

Archived