Ex-Destiny's Child Member Launches Solo Career

Ryan

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Let me start on the daddy....Did you hear how he got all upset because Simon Cowell dissed Beyonce on AI? He said that Simon should back his comments by going out there and putting an all girl group together and see if they become a success like his "baby" and the girls have done.

• Members

I hope Simon takes him up on that challenge! I'll bet he could do it without all the drama! And Simon would chose women that could actually sing nd not feel threatened by the fact that the backup girls are more attractive than the "star". I remember that the father wanted Kelly to tan, so that she would be that much darker than Beyonce! Talk about crazy!

• Members

I read where when they selected the other girls to replace the original members, they wanted them to have the same hair style of the other two that were being replaced; when one said no, he got rid of her...

My grandma said that Beyonce's mom always made Beyonce's clothes far more dramatic than Michelle's and Kelly's...

• Members

Beyonce's mom needs to be put in jail for those crimes against fashion she puts those girls in! I recall when Farrah was in the group and they still had the funky hair. She said her hair was severely damaged by the stuff they did to it.

BTW, Michelle sings the final verse in every one of their songs. Never the second, never the first, always the last and smallest part of the song. I've heard her cover of Lets Stay Together and she can really carry a song. Kelly Roland also has a beautiful voice.

• Members

Well, I was a big DC fan and I still am. Of course Beyoncé was the major star of the group - basically because of her looks. I know that she sounds a little bit over the top on most of the songs, but she's the best live singer of all of the DC members.

On the first two albums, Beyoncé was the main lead singer but on Survivor they tried to give everyone a solo part. Michelle was the new girl and her voice isn't bad, but I think it sounds too rusty compared to the other two. Kelly's voice is soft and very nasal.

The last album didn't have many catchy songs but great ballads - and Michelle carries "Through With Love", "Cater 2 U" and "Girl" towards the end. On their last single, "Stand Up For Love", every girl had the same amount of singing and everyone sang their chorus alone. I don't know if they song was even released in the US, lol.

• Members

I am SO over Beyonce. As sad as it is LeToya Luckett(without listening to her song) will probably have moderate success, most likely with urban listeners and the BET crowd. Which isn't bad, but Beyonce has crossed over to the pop market.

Beyonce also suffers from 'foot-in-mouth' disease. When asked what she thought about the Madonna/Britney/Xtina kiss, she said something to the effect of her not believing in homosexuality because of the way she was raised and not condoning gays. KNOWING she reaches a huge gay market.

But whatever.

Archived