NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

Toups

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah to Edmonton! I was home for a bit of the game and saw them two back to back goals.... so they got an EN?

OMG Hartless Philly/Buffalo was absolutely amazing. The energy and intensity of the overtime periods and that hit Campbell layed on Umberger......was totally clean too but man that's the hardest I've seen since Stevens nailed Lindros in the 2000 East Finalll. same type of hit too, Umberger was coming through the neutral zone with his head down.... but yeah Buffalo is so fast, Philly looked really slow next to them. I think that series will be a quickie.

• Members

San Jose is making the Preds look BAD, although the Preds are hanging in the final score looks terrible. I havent been a hockey fan for very long, but it seems the refs are calling everything and IMO it is making the game less fun to watch. So far the Preds/Sharks series is the most penalized series. Nashville has to win game 4 to have any chance winnign this series. I am still pissed at Barry Trotz for not playing Yanic Perrault or Scotty Upshall, whats up with that [!@#$%^&*] coach!?

• Administrator

Ottawa wins game 3!! I listened to the game and man, the refs were horrible!! They let things get out of hand.

All Canadian teams are ahead right now. GO CANADA GO!!

Kirk, the refs SHOULD BE calling everything if it's a penalty. What's bad is when they call a penalty when it shouldn't be.

• Members

Really thats awesome! He did really well the last few weeks and I still cant believe he and Yanic Perrault(sp?) have been healthy scratches all 3 games, switch it up Barry. :angry:

Toups, I dont agree with the refs calling everything, some are so nitpicky its ridiculous IMO. I know the head guy is calling for the refs to call EVERY little thing, so the refs are just doing their jobs so I dont fault them. The San Jose/Preds series has had the most penalities and in game 2 half the game(31 minutes) had someone in the power play, and that to me sucks. I am a huge basketball and football fan, two sports I know more about and I hate watching basketball when it is called so closely. This is just my opinion though....however I do think penalities should be called just not to this extent.

• Members

Montreal lost a heartbreaker tonifgr, they dominated Carolina most of the game and Cam Ward kept the Canes in it and they tied it in the last half of the third then got a PP a few mins into OT and won. This is the type of game that can change the series. Koivu also got high sticked in the eye or around the eye and left the game and edned up at the hospital.... :( and speaking to Kirk's comment earlier about the refs calling everything, they should be calling everything. They are calling the game as it should be called as stated in the NHL rulebook. I am glad they are.

Archived