TV Guide Spoiler

• Members

OLTL: A Tale of Two Twisters (there is a picture of John under some rubble) (there is also an old publicity picture of Matt Metzger)

The soap that recently gave us a full scale prison riot and the crash of a plane of DC-3 airplane - that would be OLTL- is now going for a double tornado. The first hits Llanview May 5, right after the wedding of Michael and Marcie. Expect some pricey effects: "Our art department built a wonderful gothic church with a stained-glass window that's going to explode, sending shards of glass everywhere," reports OLTL head writer Dean Higley. And get this, Duke and Kelly (who is engaged to Duke's dad) will "be together when the second tornado hits, and by that I mean together naked," Higley reveals. "They start out at the wedding but leave for some desperate sex. A wall crashes in on them and they're not found until the next day." Higley tells us one of them will die, but it's not hard to do the math. Matt Metzger, the former American Idol contestant who plays Duke has been let go from the show.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sickening and may be enough to finally cause me to tune out for good. I have so been trying to stick with it and give it a chance (something I did for AMC too) but this story is enough to make me sick. And the death of another Buchanan heir is the stupidest thing I have seen in a long time. All of Kevin's children will be dead now.

• Members

There is so much that is wrong with what they are doing to Kelly and Duke it's just sad.

Still on a completely shallow note what better way for the little snot to get his than to be caught with his pants down. Somehow I'm sensing black humor and comedy gold here rather than tragic death of young man killed in the prime of his life.

As to Kelly, I'm not certain how they intend to get her out of this box. I rather suspect they think it's tit for tat regarding Kevin and Blair but Duke is someone Kelly has a parent/child relationship with and that takes this to a whole new dimension, as does the fact that sleeping with Buchanan number 4 just doesn't work. I

• Members

Duke/Kelly sex is just dumb. Especially during a tornado! The last thing you should be thinking of is doin' the nasty while 100 mph winds are whipping around you! I swear, soap characters are so stupid sometimes. Not to mention the writers.

• Members

Wow, excellent sweeps story. I knew Kelly and Duke were going to get together.

Hey i have a question: Did you get that from TV Guide online or TV Guide the magazines? I mean, they completely ruined TV Guide online with this damn community crap. There is no news, it's just garbage. Sorry, venting..

• Members

Dena..Dena...Dena....I can't believe I defended this woman when all of the DAYS fans who were privvy to watching the show under her tenure predicted that she'd screw up OLTL. I totally see where they were coming from now. Yeah she's done some improvements (let's face it, anything other than the last 6-10 months of Malone's tenure is an upgrade), but the show is still lagging. I give her until next year and she's gone.

• Members

It's sick. It's twisted. It's SO a soap story.

Glad that Duke dies, sorry haven't liked him in FOREVER, and honestly don't know how they are going to redeem Kelly when all this is said and done, but I LOVE that it is going to give DG something to really sink his teeth into.

Archived