Tom Cruise To Eat Placenta? Plus Katie Has Her Baby

KLN

• Members

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/4918012.stm

Cruise 'will eat baby's placenta'

Actor Tom Cruise has said he plans to eat the placenta of his new baby.

"I thought that would be good," he told GQ magazine. "Very nutritious. I'm gonna eat the cord and the placenta right there."

It is the latest in a series of unusual revelations by the 43-year-old about the child he is expecting with his fiancee, actress Katie Holmes.

The couple, who have been engaged since June 2005, plan to marry in late summer or early autumn, according to Cruise.

The Mission Impossible star has also claimed he knew Holmes, 27, was pregnant even before she told him.

Last week Cruise said on US television that Catholic-born Holmes has already joined him as a follower of the Church of Scientology.

'Silent birth'

In the GQ interview, Cruise defended the religion's doctrine that childbirth should be completed in silence.

"It's really about respecting the woman," he said. "It's not about her not screaming."

Cruise said earlier this month that their baby was due "any day now".

The baby will be the first for Holmes, while Cruise has two adopted children from his marriage to Nicole Kidman.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

He did an interveiw with Diane Sawyer last week and said it was a joke taken out of context. He's not going to actually eat it. As for actually eating the placenta, there are cultures around the world that actually value it and do feed on it once a mother gives birth. It does actually happen

• Members

Just through watching him in interviews and choices he's made about certain things...I just think he's gone off the deep end.

I'll leave it at that - I don't agree with his religion at all either, but I don't want to get into a religious debate.

Besides that though, he's just changed into an entirely different person and he's very opinionated and doesn't hesitate to let others know who don't agree with him on certain things.

• Members

I also think he is truly mentally ill to even suggest that post partum depression is a non existent condition. MOFO, are you crazy? Perhaps if he and his brainwashed bride to be weren't faking it, he'd know that women generally have a decrease in their hormone levels after birth. Inferences to the contrary and denying the symptoms and chemical alterations of depression while advocating a vitamin regime is ridiculous.

His "I'm right and you're GLIB" mentality is nerve wracking. I shudder to think of how many women were afraid to access help because this man declared himself to be more aware of brain activity and function and disuaded them from seeking help. He made a mockery of a very sensitive subject and derided the use of medicine in favor to prop Scientology doctrine that is more tantamount to a cult. Other celebs I respect such as John Travolta and Lisa marie Presley are Scientologsts, but they don't represent their faith in such unrepetant fashion. The man is an extremist zealot. He perverses whatever good derives from this organization and their methods implemented.

I'm glad Nicole got away from him. I used to think he was a half decent actor but in the throes of an obvious mid life crisis and media blitz to promote a fraudelent romance with Katie Holmes, the man is quite unbearable.

I can't wait to tell him off in person! :angry:

I feel better now. :P

Do you know where by any chance?

Archived