Top Posters In This Topic

• hookedongh

• remos

• Ms. Quartermaine

• ILoveTracyQ

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I'm sure she isn't there, it's likely all about Sonny.

About the vets. I think some are needed at all times. And I think a good writer COULD potentially come up with stories for all of them. It's not so much that they "don't fit" or whatever. It's several reasons. The cast is overblown already, and the vets that were here already weren't/aren't being utilized properly. I think the vets are what ties soaps to history. There is no other medium like that, where you can do real flashbacks of real events thirty years ago and show the same actors. And yes it's pure nostalgia, but it also helps anchor the character to the canvas and anchor the audience to the character.

So, in short: if you have them, use them. But don't shove them down our throats, and most importantly, don't waste them. If the ONLY reason you have them there is for said nostalgia or history, make allusions to them now and then, and bring them back for holidays, funerals, etc.

But making them a part of the recurring regular cast, when you have no intention of doing anything with them, is kind of silly.

• Members

First, I must say that I looooooooove all of the Tracy love that this board has. That makes my heart leap, it really does. However, with all of that being said, I do not understand the Laura Webber hate. She is just as much a veteran as is Tracy, Luke, Scotty, or any of the other old school characters.

For the record, I feel that a character is only as good as the writers allow them to be. Laura's "failure to deliver" is due to the lackluster writing, to tell the truth. Genie Frances is a good actress, plain and simple. She can hold her own with the best of them. The only problem is that the dedication of the writers isn't there. If you ask me, perhaps its the writers' intentions to write her character that way - to make the fans of GH prefer Luke with Tracy when it is a given that Luke will always love Laura. As much as I ship LuNacy, I know that if Luke Spencer had his swan song tomorrow, it would be Laura that he rode into the sunset with. Not Tracy!!!!!!!

Now that I got that off of my chest, I must say that Tracy has been outstanding lately, as she always is. Even with what I wrote in the last paragraph, I will say that if they wrote both Luke and Tracy as they were written twenty years ago, then they could be the perfect power couple. They could be the Alan and Monica of new. However, until the writers dedicate the writing to being that epic again, it ain't happening. I personally wouldn't mind seeing Tracy pair up with Scotty again and seeing them have sex on a desk again (yes, that would make Luke's heart sink for sure), but that doesn't seem to be what's going to happen.

Bottom line is I will always love the Tracy Zacchara character. I'm just saying that I will not reduce myself to hating Laura, Luke's "real wife", just to showcase my Tracy worship. They both are great characters. Lest the GH writers forget that fact!

• Members

I'm with you, Halee.... wake me when the "Sonny must show his pain" portion is over. Even muted he's still a hog.

I'm looking forward to the Spixie story moving along, though. I've always liked that couple and I'm curious about what the writers have up their sleeve to reunite that little family. Lante without JMB just isn't turning my crank. Carly and Franco are fun to watch too, and I don't even mind Sabrina/Patrick or Britt/Nic. At least TPTB have now maneuvered us into pairing/friendships that are worth the watch. Micheal/Morgan/Ava/Kiki/Sonny/Olivia/AJ not so much.

Luke is back on Monday. I'm ready to find out more about his adventures as well.

• Members

Luke is back on Monday and we don't get Tracy until maybe FRIDAY?? *kicks show* I am with ya'll. No Jane/Tracy...I just go along and hit "delete" to get that day's show off my DVR. I will say, I did catch Crazy Heather showing up at Franco's, and wanting her BLT. And Julian shooting his man. But those are bits and pieces I catch on SN if I am home at night and flipping channels. Otherwise, I just can't with GH. So many of the characters are so lackluster. Why are Felix and Carly even sharing scenes? They don't really know each other. It's all so random and odd. I guess Carly doesn't really have a friend, though. I would not mind her and Tracy TOO much. I loved the Ally/Tracy scenes on The City with LSW and JE. But then, Ally wasn't a banshee like Carly. Carly and Tracy are a bit too much alike.

• Members

Virtual hi-five! One of my first favorite couples were Spixie,they are my ship. And Lante in general was one of my most hated ships,JMB's Lulu was too indepent and better on her own,I CANNOT see her starting or wanting a family like that for that matter. ER's Lulu seems better as pairing goes for Lante.

Funny how everyone ignores that post above XD

And ILTQ thats one of the many reasons I would've loved a Carly/Tracy friendship,because of their simmilarities.

• Members

Ms Q makes the best banners! (My Baby Boy is great, too)

Lulu is like Luke, and making her more like Laura has created the same problem as when they make Lucky more like Laura - one way ticket to boring character. JMB as Lulu set the standard, and I'm afraid ER's Lulu doesn't bear any resemblance. I liked Lulu with Dominic, but when he morphed into Dante, and then into Sonny's Son, I lost total interest in the character. Spixie needs to get their Baby Georgie back. I don't know what I even want for Lante anymore, but parenthood isn't it.

• Members

This is for Friday the 27th from soaptownusa

racy visits Lulu and offers to stand in for Luke and Laura; Maxie prays for the strength to endure the christening and then realizes she and Spinelli both have been chosen to be godparents, they agree that it’s the best possible outcome in a terrible situation; Brad attempts to tell the truth to prove himself to Felix by crashing the christening with information for Dante and Lulu; Luke condition gets worse by the time he reaches Jerry Jax, but is his mind playing tricks on him when he sees Helena?; Olivia tells Tracy she envisions Luke with one foot in the grave which Tract interrupts a cry for help; A mysterious person encounters Luke.; Britt and Ben settle in at Wyndemere while Nikolas goes to his niece's christening; Britt receives a visitor her mother….Dr O!!!