The Tracy Quartermaine Lovefest

• Members

Isn't that Nora from OLTL? From what I've read on boards, etc., she's more or less been the bread and butter go-to actress who you can drop into any storyline and she can fit in. So it's definitely a compliment. Of course, we already knew that about JE - you can pretty much put her in any orbit in Port Charles and she can find a way to fit (whether drama or humor).

I'd put NLG in the same category, acting-wise, but she gets too opinionated outside of work to be seen in the same light by TPTB, I would guess. Plus, acting-wise, I wouldn't say that she's been given any kind of decent showcase to prove it on GH. Not for a loooong time, anyway. I've been watching a lot of Santa Barbara lately and it's really opened my eyes to just how far down the drain GH has gotten writing-wise. I miss the style in which shows were written back in the day, and I think I figured out why. Somewhere along the line, the writers started assuming the audience were idiots and started writing accordingly. They also decided that scenes lasting longer than 30 seconds wouldn't hold people's attention.

You wouldn't see a scene these days where the characters drop literary references or talk with each other for 5 minutes (therefore, really fleshing out personalities) the way you would see as far back as the late 90s. And personally, I find that a bit sad. Some of my favorite SB scenes have been ones in which Mason and Julia are quietly discussing some very intense topics with intelligence, wit, and humor. And come to think of it, the same types have been my favorites on GH as well. It's how you begin to really know and care about the characters. And also why I can't give a damn at all about the newbies they've dropped in on us over the last year.

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hookedongh

• remos

• Ms. Quartermaine

• ILoveTracyQ

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

<p>^^ Actually, Tracy, Luke, Ethan, Molly and Kristina used to drop literary and artistic references quite a bit. I think Diane and Spinelli were given the same opportunity. It's definitely not dialogue you would have heard from the Unholy Trinity though. There definitely seemed to be a strong line separating the &quot;Smart&quot; characters from the &quot;dumb&quot; ones (yes Sonny, I'm looking at you).</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Reading in the IL again. Doucebag is HILARIOUS!!! Man, I love reading his/her drops. I don't care if they are true, 50/50 or full of sh!t, they are just so entertaining and consistent. Douce has as much use for fools as I do.</p>

<p> </p>

<p><strong>Star</strong>, I like the thought of Jane as their &quot;bread and butter&quot; actress. If that's the case then she might be used more and better. I'm still quite intrigued by those six being the first spoken to. MB is reportedly not happy (YAY!!!) SBu and KeMo will do whatever it takes to stay (a Q and a Cassidine…. there's hope there), LW has been said to be easily replaced a few times (more YAY!!!), which leaves TG who will retire if he doesn't like what's happening and Jane who's only stayed more than one contract length this past time around and it sounds like the current PTB understand what she does, what she represents and who she connects. As always, we'll see, but oh…. how I wish I was a fly on the wall.</p>

<div id="myEventWatcherDiv" style="display:none;"> </div>

*FRAK this stupid site. Why can't the HTML stay consistently on? No one needs to see formatting codes*

Edited by remos

• Members

I haven't seen todays episode but I don't know what kind of fuckery of dialogue they were writing but Luke was telling alexis he cheating and stole from Tracy and she liked it. Expected it. And he was not gonna do anything about the wedding. alexis apparently was like get your ass over and make up wiht her and stop her from marrying the psycho path she still loves you

Did they just erase the seven years of lunacy? I mean whatever, I dont even care about lunacy anymore or a pairing, but stupid dialogue that is for sure. Did they not remember that luke overheard az was blackmailing her at the spa and how he came to the hotel room to mess with her, etc.

How he filed for divorce in his little pity party. So he doesn't care that az is threatening Tracy.

Makes no sense whatsoever...I mean they had them divorced. It could be a clean break at this point, but just total WTF dialogue

• Members

Not only did they end the perfection that was LuNacy, now they're shitting on it?!?!

I wouldn't know. I don't watch it anymore.

And as of Friday there is absolutely no reason in the world to have my tv tuned anywhere near abc in the afternoon.

oh f-em.

Hillary B. Smith is Nora, and she is WONDERFUL. A lot of good it did her. Her show is DEAD.

And GH, well, it's DEAD TO ME!

• Members

<p>

</p>

<p>Okay, watched the show and whomever gave you that synopsis didn't do it justice.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Yes those lines were said - with a rather pained look on Luke's face. Followed sadly with &quot;she used to like me just as I was, I was a challenge&quot;. He still called her &quot;wife&quot; and needed to correct himself. Alexis was just stating the obvious to a man who CLEARLY is still in love with Tracy but trying to be noble. Alexis had to remind him that Tracy would never be happy marrying a psychopath and would love more than anything for Luke to come get her. All in all it was rather supportive of LuNacy, and Luke was left with a lot to think about.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>This is not the smart-ass reviewers have been talking about, this is obviously a guy torn and thinking he's doing what's best for the people he loves. (When I have the time and inclination I'll watch Friday's scenes and see for myself if any reviewer actually did justice to the scene or if it was more superficial misinterpretations.)</p>

<div id="myEventWatcherDiv" style="display:none;"> </div>

Edited by remos

• Members

Happy Birthday to Jane!

I'd have to agree with your assessment of today's episode, Remos. Luke was definitely coming across as still being in love with her, but he still seems to feel she is better off without him. His attempts to deny his true feelings are failing. There aren't many spoilers for what will happen after the wedding, so I am anxious to see where we go from here. I am hoping that when he delivers breakfast to her and AZ they will not be shown in bed together. I just might gag at the sight of that. I really hope she won't be forced to sleep with that creep.

• Members

Eww…. if they are actually in bed than its rape, pure and simple. Considering all those LuNacy love scenes we DIDN'T see, I'm hoping we won't be subjected to anything heinous like that.

AZ's plan is to torment her and then kill her - I can't see how sleeping with her is necessarily anything more than part of the mental torture because he knows damn well she's not willing. We'll see. He is that demented (as were the writing team).

• Members

Awww…. Dante acknowledging with Lulu that Tracy has been like a mother to her and she's got every right to be worried about her. Love TraLu.

And the dialogue the last few days has made me feel renewed in the possibilities of LuNacy. Being their fan can sometimes be a hard, lonely walk, but then we get Luke choking up about letting her go and Tracy telling AZ he can do anything but malign Luke in her presence.

(AZ also said the marriage was starting in mutual hate, so I'm thinking we won't get Luke walking in on them in bed…. perish the thought…wacko.png )

• Members

Did Luke know? Truly know? We assume he heard everything while he was eavesdropping but he might not. And blackmailing her into what? Luke doesn't have all that information. The thing is Lulu is free to figure it out because she doesn't have the emotional pain in all of this that Luke does. It's little wonder that Lulu and Alexis were the ones to recognize what's going on for Tracy, but Luke can't.

I don't care if the current PTB only see Tracy as a Q and not a Spencer, it's obvious that the Quartermaines are still only her "relations" but the Spencers truly are her family. No amount of blood is changing which are the people who truly care about Tracy, and which have no problem throwing her to the wolves.

• Members

NOOOOO!!! LuNacy CAN'T end!

Maybe they are not really divorced just like they weren't married for many years. Maybe the divorce is a ruse? PLEASE! I can't see them EVER breaking up for good. Nope, can't happen.

As far as KM being PG, I meant Kimberly Mc, Not KeMo.

As for Days.... LOVE LOVE LOVE Marlena/Deidre!!! Drake is NOT a good actor, agreed. I only like Drake with Deidre and can't see Marlena with anyone else but John.

What happened to Maxi? This new girl taking the role permanently? And this new Kate sucks @$$! ugh! And what's this I hear about Parsons? He's leaving?

• Members

NOOOOO!!! LuNacy CAN'T end! I'm not believing it's the end. Too many people suggesting that LuNacy are Love - it's just their egos that are getting in their way

Maybe they are not really divorced just like they weren't married for many years. Maybe the divorce is a ruse? PLEASE! I can't see them EVER breaking up for good. Nope, can't happen. I've been wondering that myself. I'm still holding out that they were married legally in 2005 and the rest of this has been BS.

As far as KM being PG, I meant Kimberly Mc, Not KeMo. Ah. Yeah, I did notice she's a lot chubbier than I remember.

As for Days.... LOVE LOVE LOVE Marlena/Deidre!!! Drake is NOT a good actor, agreed. I only like Drake with Deidre and can't see Marlena with anyone else but John. Ugh…. don't even get me started

What happened to Maxi? This new girl taking the role permanently? And this new Kate sucks @$$! ugh! And what's this I hear about Parsons? He's leaving? Maxi (KS) took a medical leave and the new chick replaced her for two cycles. KS on her way back. As for nu-Kate - hate the recast, no need since MW was available. Hopefully we will all be put out of our misery soon. Parsons is a loss, but they really didn't do anything with him in 3 years. They came so close with Ethina then they screwed that one. He's on for bigger and brighter, just like LA.