The Tracy Quartermaine Lovefest

• Members

Every writer writes from their own interest first - if they wrote for the interest of others it wouldn't get very far nor very focused.

As for the "vets" argument, that's a tough sell on this show because technically it's the Beloved Vets who are getting sidelined, but many of the regular character have vet status now.

Do I think there can be more integration? Sure I do and put in my hands we'd be having a lot more intergenerational stuff. But with only 38 minutes a day and the largest cast in daytime, they numbers don't always make it possible to include every connection. In general TPTB are doing far better now than they did a few years back. The unfortunate thing is if your favs aren't part of the weave, it's seems like it's not being done.

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hookedongh

• remos

• Ms. Quartermaine

• ILoveTracyQ

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I totally agree. Other soaps know how to incorporate and use their vets. And on other shows being on recurring isn't such a bad demotion type status. John Anniston has been on recurring always by choice. Others are by choice on other soaps. There is NO good reason IMO that they can't use the vets in scenes--even if they don't have a story per se. No reason Jason couldn't drop by to say goodbye to monica before he went to prison. It could have been a one minute scene but it should have been done. She is his freaking mother.

On a side note...from what I heard, JI is still on contract and re-signed another one a few months ago.

Hilarious..in SOW Adrianna leon talks about how Brook is like Tracy and even though they don't really know each other well, after spending a lot of time together, they realize they are a lot alike" I'm cracking up thinking "did I miss all this time they have spent together????"

I will scan the article. Tracy admitting to missing luke takes place week of Sept 6th.

Here is the luke/tracy preview in the fall SOD...

• Members

OLTL today was a perfect example of multigenerational integration. When Dorian was at her worst, it was Starr and Langston who stood by her. Cleaned out her room of all traces of David who left her at the alter yet again. Helped her defriend him on myface...and then the last montage type shot they had dorian in bed sleeping with either girl on each side of her. It was actually really poignant to me.

I don't watch the rest of OLTL, but I have been watching lately cause of David Vickers being on. There was also a really sweet/touching scene between vicki/dorian the other day.

Doesnt' seem like OLTL is being cancelled with kim zimmer coming and now roger horwarth is coming back.

• Members

GH won't write for the vets; they have spent over a decade dismantling the Qs

I firmly believe Tracey wouldn't have story if it wouldn't be for Luke which is ridiculous.

She has a granddaughter who just came to town she rarely has scenes with they will soon

use her merely as a plot point for Brooklyn storyline this is just unreal...GH looks

like one tree hill on some days. Frons doesn't like old people he as much as said

so point blank.

They distanced Jason from the Qs the only time Monica had time was to pimp and prop Jason and tell him what a great mobster he is

because of Michael anyway. Rumor has it back in the gap, SBurton almost got fired because of his interaction with the Qs Stuart Damon stepped up big time

and saved his job...however they fired SD via fax on Xmas eve so I guess Leslie did a tad better...it probably was like SD said they approached him

recur or be fired.

Edited by Cyberologist

• Members

Thanks Hooked. The way they have that suggests it's part of the story we haven't seen yet. I'm just hoping it's not stuff taped but cut. Making BL like Tracy is the best move possible for the character, and struggling with her Q-self is the proper thing to do. Like it or not, the Spencermaines are alive and well and BL is part of that circle.

• Members

I"d put my money on taped but cut. The way she is talking there suggests it is stuff that has already been done...she says spent time with Tracy, etc.

And since JE isn't even taping now since end of July til who knows when, I doubt it is any story coming any time soon. Brook is with Nik coming up for the most part.

I found out the dates...she is on sept 1st kicking brook out (they couldn't even give that story more than an episode of her moving in with the Qs and then getting kicked out. I bet it will be 2-3 scenes max.

The other date where she will be on admitting she misses luke is Sept 9th.

I had heard some info about her being part of the action to bring luke back to town, but that preview suggests otherwise from SOD. Of course I'm still waiting for the SOD spring preview with guza's lying self saying "There is a fun story coming for luke/tracy/skye and alice the Q maid! LOL

• Members

We'll see. She was certainly acting like Granny yesterday.

I'm not paying much attention to anything but the show itself, and aside from the obvious lack of Tracy in an obvious story, I'm really enjoying the show. With James Franco returning all sorts of things were thrown around again, so who knows how much Guza had already penned that had to be thrown away for Franco, or at least put back on the shelf. The Niz/LnL2 story couldn't be shelved because BH's baby wasn't going to wait around, but nothing else moved for anyone. Now we're getting action again on a lot of fronts.

Thanks for the dates.

• Members

Hooked you and I are *likethis* about the whole vets thing. Guza could have been writing at least sideline supporting stories for the vets and the other Q's all these years. I mean, come on. He blatantly just doesn't care about them, and has the cojones to lie in print about how he has all these plans. DUDE. Shameless, that's what that is. Like you said, a ONE MINUTE scene for Jason/Monica, and Leslie couldn't even get that.

I don't even have to read the article (but I will) to know all this "time" with Brook/Tracy took place off screen. If he can't give Golden Boy and his mother a goodbye scene before jail, he won't do much with Brook/Tracy, either. Not by choice. Oh, they'll get at least one scene, where Tracy finds out Brook stole from Edward.

And...I'll fall over from surprise if they get anything else anytime soon.

I don't keep up with OLTL so I didn't know Roger Howarth is coming back. The other actor playing Todd quit or got fired, or is he playing someone new? I did like Roger as Todd, I don't have much knowledge of TSJ as Todd. Both are good actors, though. If they fired him to bring back RH, OLTL is as crappy as GH in it's treatment of actors.

So cold.

But at any rate, I'm looking forward to the minimal Brook/Tracy we will get (it sounds like BL leaves the Q's, not that she is thrown out) and the upcoming Tracy/Luke.What will they do about the HS partnership??

ETA that I really don't see Brook and Tracy as being that much alike. They have some things in common, but overall, to me, they are different enough that I wouldn't totally compare them.

Edited by ILoveTracyQ

• Members

Why would they need a Monica/Jason good-bye scene? The character isn't going anywhere. The only thing that's changed is she's not going to get paid for not showing up anymore, that's it.

They're replacing Todds on OLTL? Stupid.... but then so many of the calls on that show are that I can't even look at it.

• Members

apparently they said they are not getting rid of Trevor St. John but alluded to some sort of story where Tea recently saw a pic of him and said that isn't the real todd or something and he came to town as someone else originally and they said he was todd with plastic surgery. I don't care one wya or the other about todd as I don't really watch OLTL but here and there to see David Vickers cause I love Tuc.

ILTQ...it is confusing cause the spoiler the way I was told was Tracy admits to Lucky that she misses Luke and Lucky agrees to go find him for Tracy. Sounds like she wants him to come back. Then Guza in SOD conflicts that sort of saying she won't let him in, etc.

NLG tweeted today when I asked her if Tony was back soon "NOT SOON ENOUGH!"

If they can have Mike on occassionally to give Sonny some support/advice, there is no reason Monica couldn't be used in the same way for Jason.

• Members

I think it would be better form for Luke to return realizing the 10 Million hadn't done what he wanted it to do - namely work as bait - and that he's back to try other means.

It might be Lucky that Tracy admits her longing for Luke, but all spoilers now seem to indicate Lucky will be involved with something else entirely.

• Members

From what I hear, lucky will agree to find luke for tracy (that is from a legit source) and from what I hear he gets sidetracked with Siobhan wen interpol intercepts him and asks him to go undercover as Balkan's assassin (the guy after brenda) Ronan who Lucky looks a lot like. After he gets sidetracked is when Tracy is supposed to be involved in the action of bringing him home. So I guess we will see if that plan changed since earlier this week cause it didn't sound that way from SOD.