SFT/Y&R/SB/GH: RIP Meg Bennett

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Posted (edited)

While her story was never great there, I remember Meg Bennett as Megan Richardson on Santa Barbara, who was another love of CC's that had his long-lost (drippy) son Greg. Her acting was good. I just wish she had better material there.

May she rest in peace.

Edited by Wendy

• Members
Posted (edited)

And Lewis Arlt.

Meg did a great job as Julia (combo of the actress and Bill Bell's writing) She could have come off as a victim/damsel in distress but imbued the character with an inner resolve that allowed us to forgive Victor just as she had.

And bringing on Julia's daughter Jamie at some point would have been a nice gesture.

Edited by Paul Raven

• Members
Posted (edited)

So sad to hear this. I remember her as Julia on Y&R. I wonder if the show will pay tribute or write her death into the show ? Maybe Victor would hear of Julia's death and comes to pay his respects (with flashbacks). Julia's daughter Jamie and Victor would connect. Meg hinted in an interview what if Jamie was actually Victor's daughter ?

Edited by SoapDope

• Members

RIP, Meg. 

I always wished that they brought Julia back in a larger capacity to somewhat humanize Victor again. From clips I've seen of her, she always had a better way of softening Victor in ways that Ashley nor Nikki could do. 

I do agree with posters in the thread that this is addressed on the show and that Julia's daughter is finally brought to the canvas. I think it'd be refreshing to see Victor deal with the loss of Julia and having a story that allows EB to play his soft side. Victor being so hardened all the time is draining. 

• Members

Rip Underrated Queen! I loved Meg In All her roles even that misconcepted Meghan Character on Santa Barbara! A crying shame I never found much of her tenure on SFT! Julia Was Probably my Favorite of All Of Victor's Exes! 

Allegra Montenegro was A pretty great villain, pity she was only for a short time on GH!

If Anyone wants to check out her performance on GH, playing A villainess for a Change!

• Members

Now that I had more time to think of her, it saddens me more.

I knew of her as Julia on Y&R, but never seen her. And then to find out she was a writer as well. I was inspired.

I knew her as Allegra on GH. The story was bad...but she was a GREAT villainess. Something different. And she had excellent stage presence. 

Same.

Please register in order to view this content