51st Annual Daytime Emmys to Air June 7 on CBS, Paramount+

• Members

It’s a start. Despite some naysayers, I’m happy to see how much attention the show got on Twitter. I hope more people sample it as a result. If the show is smart, they’ll send a few people over to attend the Emmys and also do a press tour here to raise awareness. If they go in prepared, I could see them getting more nominations next year. They need someone to help them focus in on who to submit and what to submit. 

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I would like to see which episodes JG submitted... is someone knows - give me a heads up, I know it's Eric dying, but which episode... He was dying for a year and in the end, didn't even die.

• Members

I do hope it'll cause people to watch; I know a [few] that said, "Oh you're really talking this up! I'm going to queue up this soap and watch it," and the reception was positive. There was one naysayer who was a nasty nelly and cussing people out, and it showed how true their xenophobia actually is. It makes me happy seeing American press headlining Neighbours' nomination. And I hope it leads to more press; the only soap press I saw interview them was Michael Fairman; he brought on Lucinda Cowden (Melanie), Stefan Dennis (Paul) & Rebekah Elmaloglou (Terese), and it was a wonderful interview. And I wish more of that happened, and it still could! If anything, bring in Guy Pearce and Annie Jones to discuss with American press in lead-up to the Daytime Emmys, given Pearce's nomination, and his continued work with Jones.

• Members
Posted (edited)

John McCook was on Michael Fairman's Special last night. Begins at 26:00. He said he tried to show an arc because some people viewing do not watch the show. Described 3 scenes:

1. Relishing being back at his desk. Ridge present. The stapler is there. 

2. At home, hand shaking, tells Donna he is afraid. Collapses.

3. Party. Loves this man. But he is the best designer. Finds out he was lied to. Why. How nice that is. Falls to the floor & dies.

That doesn't sound like it makes sense. But that is what he said. 

Edited by Contessa Donatella

• Members

He's referring to a fashion show he did with Ridge which relied on a secret ballot. Ridge won, but let Eric believe he'd won because Ridge knew Eric was dying. At the party, Eric found out that Ridge had lied, but instead of getting mad, told him that was the nicest thing he'd ever done.