The OLTL love thread

psychofan

• Members

I love it!! Excellent post my friend!! I have said the same thing a few times around here. U said it all..and i agree. It does get discouraging once in awhile...but i always find my way to look past "THEM"!! My OLTL is awesome and i love it!! I will NEVER give up on it!! This show has given us some of the BEST characters in Daytime. Viki ....Blair...Dorian...Todd.....Marty......Luna....Gabrielle...Clint.....i can go on and on. OLTL is top notch viewing for me.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

For me the best characters through the years have been:

Vicki - Joe - Dorian - Pat - Karen - Tony - Gretel/Rae - Todd - Tina - Marty - Kevin - Blair (except the current version) - Max - Asa - Clint - Nora - Bo - Marco - Edwina - Jenny (loved her) - Kelly (but not the current version) - Sam - Lindsey - Rex - Brad (esp under Jameson Parker) - Cord - Marcie - Al

Enjoyed sometimes Delilah - Samantha - Gabrielle - Carla - Ed - Mitch - David Renaldi - David Vickers - Mel Hayes - Colin - Becky Lee

• Members

Well the list I posted while ago weren't my favorites...I was just adding Margaret to Claude's lol. So here are my favorite characters:

Margaret (!!!!)

Spencer

Todd

Blair

Marcie

Michael

Tess

Nash

Vikki

Nikki

Clint

Kevin

Kelly

Dorian

Rex

Starr

• Members

Those I enjoy[love/like/love to hate

Blair

Jack

Spencer

Dorian

David

Todd

Starr

RJ

Roxie

Lindsey

Clint

Kevin

Asa

Tess

Nash

Some I wish would come back

Rachel

Cassie

Andrew

Melinda

Hank

Paul

Some oldies but goodies

Carlo

Mitch

Karen

Larry

Marco

Tina

Gabby

Max

Allison

Ed

Herb

Megan

Jake

I'm sure I have forgotten many, many others.

• Members

I've watched OLTL on and off since around 1979. My last "break" from it came during the insanity of the Mitch Laurence/Victor Lord resurrections. That turned me off, literally. I returned to it to see Jerry ver Dorn come on board and found that I was enjoying a good part of the show. Granted, sometimes things seem to drag on and there are still some characters and stories I don't like or don't care about but there are others that I'm enjoying. It's definitely better now than when I left that Laurence/Lord nonsense.

My alltime favorite OLTL character was probably Clint Ritchie's Clint. I loved Clint & Viki during their heyday. I think Jerry is doing a great job, though. Also loved David & Jenny, Gabrielle.

• Members

It goes without saying that OLTL is my favorite soap of all time.

For brief periods, I have watched and enjoyed ATWT, Y&R, GH, and DAYS, but I have NEVER liked any soap opera to the extent that I love OLTL ... I have been a hardcore fan since 1988.

They have the best cast in daytime, bar none.

My all time favorites are Joey (Nathan Fillion especially, but Don Jeffocat was alright), Cassie, Gabrielle, Tina (all three, but especially Andrea Evans and Karen Witter), Max, Cord, Marty, Todd, Dorian, Evangeline, Nora, Nash, Jessica, and especially Blair Cramer and Victoria Lord Davidson!!!

My favorite actresses of all time on this show are Kassie Depaiva and Erika Slezak.

I am outraged that Kevin and Kelly have been backburnered, though!

Even though OLTL should have more nominations, I will suffer through tomorrow night's Emmys to cheer on REG and the writing team (I was a big fan of the writing LAST YEAR). As soon as those two awards are done, I'll be tuning out before GH wins yet another undeserved trophy.

• Members

I'm fickle. I can dislike a character today, then next week like them again. So here it goes.

Those I like Today

Blair

Jack

Spencer

Dorian

David

Hugh

Michael

RJ

Roxie

Lindsey

Clint

Kevin

Asa

Tess

Nash

Viki/Niki

Nora

Marcie

Margaret

David

Those that don't bother me too much yet.

Kelly

Cris

These three might have to be moved to the list below.

Adriana

Rex

Paige

Those I don't care for at this time

Natalie

Evangeline

McPig

Bo

Roxy

Antonio

Todd...I could care for him again it depends on the story, his behavior is so upsetting sometimes.

I probably miss a few of the cast.

• Members

Allow me to join in on all the One Life love!

In the past year or so, we've had so much great drama including:

*The Daniel Colson Saga

*The Killing Club Murders

*Margaret's reign of terror

*Jessica's DID

*David and Paige's shocking secret

*Great couples like Rex/Adrianna, Tess/Nash, Kevin/Kelly, Todd/Blair, David/Dorian

Archived