The OLTL love thread

psychofan

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

OMG...thanks so much for that post. Yes, I post at SOC under the name Jannsboy. I'm none too fond of the OLTL bashers over there and am often trying to debate with them, but it does no good. Everyday is an ugly day over there lol. You're only welcome if you hate Dena Higley and want Roger H back as Todd.

Thanks for the comment about Margaret!!! I agree, she did deliver some of the best performances and I wish Tari Signor had been nominated. There are continuous twists and that's why I don't understand when people talk about how nothing ever happens. Something big happens all the time!! Then they whine nad complain about how Erika Slezak and Catherine Hickland are never on...but that's such a lie. Vikki is on at LEAST once a week for the most part...unlike on "Days of our Lives", where we're lucky if we see vets once a month. DH is doing the best she can to give Catherine Hickland a story-- hence Marcie's bridesmaid. Such people are just so ungrateful and impatient.

---end rant---

• Members

I wonder if anything would make the fans there happy. BTW I post under Dagger. Actually Todd has changed so much, I now have fell out of love with him..(just like Blair has claimed too) and now my new love is Spencer. I was a little upset when I thought he might have killed Margaret. How dare I lose faith in Spencer, only to find out a few days later that he has Maggie comfortably stashed away. I should have known Spencer is not a murderer, at least not yet. LOL. Can't wait for Margaret to come back to town, that should be fun. I believe that Cat Hickland chose to go to her re-current status, correct me if I'm wrong.

A lot of great stories are coming up and I can't wait. May sweeps are going to be FAROUT man!

• Members

I will post here just to say that I still love the show. That is the reason I get so mad at Higley sometimes. I love the performers alot. That is the best I can say about the show right now though. Since this is a love thread I will leave it at that.

As far as Catherine Hickland, no she did not want to go to recurring at all. That was a big shock to her. She actually thought she was going to get a story with Jenn's death. She got called in to FV's office and he told her that Jenn was going to be killed but that it did not mean more story for her, but that her contract was not going to be renewed, but they would like for her to continue in a recurring capacity. So without a contract she only gets paid now when she actually is called to work. Also she has no benefits from the show.

Of course she is free at any time to take another job and I hope some show will snap her up. She is terrific.

• Members

It's all good except for the manipulation of the tptb and how they enjoy pitting the fanbases against each other. I don't believe that Higley is totally responsilbe for fans being upset, she's just doing what she is told to do by the higher ups. I think she's writing much better lately. It's all a mind game and it keeps the fans tuning in to see what is going to happen to their favorites next.

With that bit out of the way I see some good stories coming, due to Spencer Truman upsetting the whole town of Llanview. How boring would Llanview be with out Spencer and Margaret stirring up the magic brew. Also look what Margaret has done for Todd. Now Todd is a good boy with moral obligation to do right. Too funny, but the fans love it.

• Members

It's so hard to go from one message board to another and read the same people complain about the same things and say how the tptb are ruining everything single thing about the show and the people who seem to like a certain characters or a particular story lines are sheep and stupid.

If the show is so awful that as a fan you become that offended by it then why would anyone watch it every single day and then complain about it every single day?

If some one posts something positive then why would anyone go out of the way to bash the post or the poster? If someone disagrees claims that their pov's are invalid because they have only been watching the show to two years or less so their opinion is baseless are posted.

Some really bitter posters who I'm sure have very good reasons to be angry with the way they think the show their favorite character and story lines are going can't get around the fact that some soap opera viewers just don't watch soaps for the same reasons they do.

I know I speak only for myself when I say that I don't look to dissect every conversation and look for any missed opportunity as some behind the scene agenda to ruin my favorite character because I happened to hate his or her current story line. I never watch soaps like that and it's not until I came online that I realized that not everyone just watched what ever was on the screen and that a certain amount of fans were more concerned with what was going on behind the cameras. I don't like every story line and certainly not every character on the show and I never have but what I do like about the show I would like to be able to post about with out the snide comments about my mental capacity and the personal attacks because I like a character someone else finds repulsive. SOC imo has become notorious for the sort of behavior and I no longer go there. I happen to love OLTL and I know there is always room for improvement but I try to find something to like and I go with it.

Archived