ALL: Worst acting moments

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

CR is truly a legend lol.  I loved her scenes with John because it really felt like Belle was hitting on her own father and it never fails to crack me up to this day.  CR was acting with Kyle Brandt's Phillip and made him look like a Shakespearean trained actor.  I will never believe Days was ever serious with her.

• Members

This can almost have a place in the "Best acting moments" thread as well. That KKL managed to keep a straight face opposite Moss and Lowder (and not get hurt by the splinters that were obviously flying around from all the scenery chewing) is worthy of admiration. 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

My tin foil hat theory is that both she and Jennifer Bransford were temporary hires by Days and GH to better help the audience accept recasts of very popular departing stars.  Grandma Madison felt like a relief after watching B movie worthy Charity.

Oops I see @DRW50 posited the same theory.

The funny thing about that ATWT scene is that I think Ellen Dolan was much worse than KMH. 

I think Emme Rylan (don't ever come back) and Maurice Benard should win some sort of award for how bad they were/are day in and day out. She in particular never gave one true note in any of her scenes, just a pretty actress reciting lines.

Edited by Darn

• Members

I still think the Bransford thing was a combination of factors. I doubt Guza and co. were ever committed to her; I think they were holding out for either Laura or someone else and saw JB as a sacrificial goat at best. But I would not be at all shocked if JFP (who had different interests than Guza) was brazen enough to believe she could bull through and sell the audience on another old FOJ for the role - she'd hired JB at OLTL in the first place. The instant Guza was out of the building again during the 2008 strike, after all, is when Jill tried to ram through months of frontburner story for Rick Hearst again, who Guza did not give two fúcks about.

I think Emme Rylan actually had some very strong opening story at GH in the custody fight with Maxie. Nothing else ever worked and she was at best very forgettable. I feel bad though, because I liked her on GL and I think she never got any really decent writing on GH. (I am in no way advocating for her return lol)

Edited by Vee

• Members

With DAYS you have to divide it. For the most part, Classic DAYS was filled with excellent actors & acting! It's only later that the show began to have bad actors & bad acting. Like in the 80s the only examples of bad acting were three young women - KA, Lisa Trusel & Missy Reeves. We used to say that Hope & Melissa & Jennifer Rose were having races to see who could say their lines the fastest & quick like scoot offstgage. 

• Members

Oh, I agree about that.  It was a pretty smart idea, but probably a horrible thing to do to CR lol.  MM was accepted with open arms when in reality she wasn't a very good recast either.

I don't know what to think.  In some ways I did think the show was invested in JB and in other ways I think they were just passing time to wait for Laura.  JB's Carly specifically got a lot of rough writing and it was not a great period for Carly in general.  I think if the show didn't get Laura it might have been a good time to put Carly on hiatus as a character.

• Members

I knew when they quickly married Carly to Lorenzo in a C-plot that they weren't invested lol. They would never have let that happen with Tamara there. They'd gone out of their way to turn Alcazar into a fool and a cripple over the course of the prior year, after Tamara and Ted King got too much heat and audience support for comfort.