ALL: Worst acting moments

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Carly slept with her dad and then took over her identity because she thought Reese or Charlotte was dead?  Reese had a whole ex-husband and dead child too.  This is when child Michael also was believed to have killed AJ.  It was a wild time on GH

• Members

At the risk of derailing the thread I just read it again and it does not make sense at all.  Carly/Reese (Charlotte) were bff in high school.  Carly slept with Reese's father, Reese got upset and into a car accident and was presumed dead, wasn't dead and had reconstructive surgery, Carly took over her name/persona when she left town to come to PC, and Reese married some guy and lost a son.  The END.

• Members

Ha!  No.  It means Reese/Charlotte's parents were really weird and her dad groomed an underaged Carly/Caroline and then committed suicide and her mom told everyone Reese was dead because....?  Unclear.  Basically Carly just took her name, but even that doesn't make sense because I have met Caroline's that go by Carly, but never a Charlotte.

Reese's son was also kidnapped and murdered because of her ex-husbands shady dealings, she divorced said husband, became an FBI agent that saves kidnapped kids, the ne'er do well ex husband comes back, ends up shot by Ric? I believe, and that's that.

Carly goes nuts because the whole Alcazar thing didn't work out and wants Sonny back, but is stymied by Reese/Sonny's relationship.  Sonny finds out about Reese's past and that she slept with Ric and dumps her.  Carly ends up in a mental hospital and comes back as Laura Wright.  And then Reese dies.

For someone who was on the show for less than a year her actual wiki page is like a 10 min read.  Reese did a lot in a short amount of time.

• Members

Ah!  Okay.  I got it now...I think...?

Anyways, here's one I'd add to the list: Jacqueline Courtney's performance as OLTL's Pat Kendall, when her character learns that Talbot Huddleston, Karen Wolek's first john (of many, so many she still, to this day, doesn't remember all their names), was the hit-and-run driver who killed her young son, Brian.  I could understand Pat literally going for Talbot's jugular when Karen drops that bombshell in court (even though, I still want to know why no one in the courthouse didn't rush toward her the minute she got up from that bench), but between the timing of that revelation (mere minutes after Karen confesses her hooking to all of Llanview, and to Larry) and the pitch of Courtney's voice and actions in that moment...it just did neither actor nor character any favors.  In fact, it kinda gives credence to the long-held rumors that then-EP Joe Stuart was having an affair with Courtney and viewed her as the star of the show.

Edited by Khan

• Errol changed the title to ALL: Worst acting moments
  • Members

Since Soapsuds already brought it up---Kelley Hensley in pretty much any "dramatic" moment. It was the worst acted rape story I've witnessed. I remember laughing as Emily ran through Susan's house, to wash herself in the kitchen sink. Accompanied by her incessant "hmmmmn, hmmmn, hmmmmm" and snot crying. See also any time Emily cracked up.

Brooke Logan wandering the beach with her doll "children". Sigh---KKL is a trooper, but master thespian she ain't. There's a reason she's only gotten (I think) one emmy nod in all the years she's been on B&B.

Ronn Moss. PERIOD.

• Members

Yeah and she is actually a great actress. The script was so absurd with her written to run like a maniac with some over the top dolls on an island... Imagine trying to play that... I think even Meryl Streep would have looked like that.

It is not fair to judge her by one of the dumbest script ideas Bradley has ever had.

KKL, Brooke has proved she can act through the years. But people like to bash her, just because she hasn't gotten an Emmy.  Well, some actresses that are WAAAY worse than her have got one and even more than one, so I won't judge her by that.

• 1 month later...
  • Members
Posted (edited)

Please register in order to view this content

Why? just why would they center an entire episode around this <cough> actress <cough>

Who directed these scenes? Ray Charles. Just awful.

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by slick jones