ALL:Which soap has the most dedicated, DIE HARD fans?

• Members

This is no way a derogatory question. Just a fun provocation.

But which soap has the most obsessed DIE-HARD fans. Borderline crazy even. And Why do you think that is?

From what I've seen... DAYS has some Reeeeeallly dedicated fans, that sometimes scare me. I've seen a lot of fights in soap forums and mostly it's been by Days fans. I guess they just LOVE their show.

Please register in order to view this content

You all may differ. 

Please just don't fight. This is an invitation to a fun, polite discussion. 

Edited by OpportunisticSlut

• Althea Davis changed the title to ALL:Which soap has the most dedicated, DIE HARD fans?
  • Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

What do Leo and Theresa have to do with Days having a hardcore, dedicated fanbase?

Thank you! I was a member of the official Passions fan club for several years and got many cool things from it. 

• Members

I think it's natural for a show's true base to want to see the original (or close to it) core family thrive.  Felt that way about the Bauers on GL, advocated for them until the bitter end.  I would've settled for Jeffrey to be a Bauer if it meant an increased focus.

• Members

I disagree. The Hortons haven’t been relevant since Frances Reid retired. Marlena and her family are the true center of the show now. Deidre has appeared in more episodes than anyone and not it’s not even close.  

Nah. GH constantly beat them in categories Days should have won in the late 90s. 

• Members

Maybe there’s an argument that no character/family should truly be the center of an ongoing show. Maybe the true center is the fictional town and show itself, and characters just come in and out regardless of their last name?

Deidre Hall left the show in the late 80’s and then was fired in 2009 - the show went on during both eras. 

• Members

It has always been said that DAYS fans were the most loyal, dedicated but also "out there." Fans as in fanatical. 

When it comes specifically to diehard I'd say AW fans definitely were. I'm still in touch with people I've known online since the early to mid-90s & we have a group that is called "AW LastGaspers". 

Nowadays I think GH fans have become diehard. 

• Members

If I wanted to watch a bunch of randos, I'd watch a primetime show.  One of the two main appeals of soaps for me is the familial connections and the generational legacy.  That type of long term storytelling takes decades and can't be replicated by primetime.