GH: February 2024 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

I, unlike a lot of those out there, do enjoy Tabyana Ali's portrayal of Trina. However, opposite the likes of Genie Francis, Brook Kerr & Maura West, she does fall short in terms of the emotive scenes as evident by yesterday's episode with West. BUT... it does feel like there are little trickles of the upcoming regime being inserted into scripts. Intentional or not, I'm enjoy what it could bring.

• Members

She has her moments of weakness but I think Tabyana is pretty good most of the time. The haters are a very vocal minority I find, it's a lot of backlash against Spencer/Trina that feels overhyped and understaffed (and often has a racial subtext, hence the very talkative Spencer/Esme shippers). Plus other people love to pretend the prior actress was incredible when quite frankly I found her greener than TA.

• Members

I think she shone in the confrontation stuff with Esme at the courthouse just before she headed to Paris and Esme went off on her final berserk rampage. She reminded me a lot of the young Kimberly McCullough in that kind of stuff, and with Ava, etc; there is a core of intelligence and integrity. Could she improve, sure, but she's clearly been very popular with Chavez. The people who bash her are loud but not as big in number as they think, or it's about the reaction to the online Sprina fanbase, which - I have seen some crazy fúcking fanbases in my time. Those kids may get intense and at times annoying but they don't come close to some of the OLTL wars, or the S&C No Ordinary Love cabal (who once attempted to push for Kristina to be revealed as the product of Alexis' rape by Sonny's bodyguard). Or the GL crazies. And that's just a few off the top of my head.

• Members

I personally preferred SM as Trina, but I don't think TA is doing a bad job.  SM wasn't give a ton to do so I am not sure she could have handled the emotional or romantic material Trina has since gotten.  I just thought SM and NAC had really great chemistry.

Anyhow, I thought TA was okay yesterday as well.  A little rough, but it didn't take me out of the scenes.  They should go for Trina/Dex lol.

@VeeThe No Ordinary Love Carly/Sonny fans give me nightmares still.  What a nutty fanbase and for awhile they had inside information too.  I remember the Kristina stuff, but I also remember them wishing harm to NLG and her daughter and hoping VM's son would get ill so Vanessa would leave the show.

• Members

Their peak insanity was during the Sexis stuff.  I feel like the whole group fell apart not long after because the crazy started showing.

The whole argument about VM and her son was hoping he got ill or didn't react well to Vanessa's schedule so she would leave.  

The group did have some insider info and spoilers for awhile there though.

It's funny to think Sonny/Carly had such a passionate fanbase back then and the characters are still around now and everyone's basically whatever about the pairing lol.

• Members

Well, if it makes you feel any better the group and website has been gone for years and years now.  I think the entire messageboard and website were deleted by the owner.  I don't think you can find much, if any of it, on the web anymore.

Anyway, it makes us talking about Finola Hughes's hair and protein intake seem like small potatoes.

Please register in order to view this content