Man's best friends - Pets

• Members

A topic where we can share all about our pets. Stories, pictures and lots of love.

Let me introduce our dog, who is 6 months, just beginning the rebel teen stage. Say hello to Elmo and his first real snow.

Please register in order to view this content

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

We've had our angel-demon now for 3 months and a half (he is 6 months and a few days) and finally I can say... it's getting better and happier for us. We went through so much hell together, mostly me and Elmo, since I am the main caretaker, while my husband works. I work at home, so I am with him all the time. I had to clean piss and poop from the building stairs in 3 in the morning, with the poop penetrating through the tissue to my hands. He peed on the bed two times before moving him to sleep in his crate. I don't allow bed sleeping anymore since then... just because I think he is better in his crate, which stays open. I had to basically NOT SLEEP for the first 14 days, since I would go with him outside to potty 3 times a night. I think I overdid it, since he was okay just sleeping, but my nature just didn't allow me to rest, not knowing he may poop or pee inside.

Now... even with his teenage phase in full force... I just LOVE HIM. He comes and sleeps in my lap and just cuddles every time he gets. I really don't have time to fight with my husband or anything negative in my life anymore, since Elmo is always there to distract me. I just can't imagine my life without him now and am so happy I survived these first months of hell. I just knew it would become better. He is a good puppy though... he barely had accidents and I trained him to go outside in couple of days. He already knows 10+ commands and we just need to work more on not biting so much and not trying to destroy our socks... and he will be perfect. 

• Members

This is Ariel. She was my best pal for 16 years, a while back. She taught many Westie puppies their manners. If we were in the TV room she'd come & sit on top of the TV with her back to us. But, she was a nut for Lauren Bacall. If she heard her voice she'd fly through the house to get to the sun room & sit & watch the TV as long as she talked. 

This is a litter of Westie puppies. 

And, this is 4 adult Westies who would see each other on occasion. Missy, Mister, Curly & Casey 

• Members

Thanks! Here's Ruby. On Jan. 10 she turned 15. Where has the time gone?!!

Ruby used to be in love with Vincent Irizarry. The only time she paid any attention to the television was when he was speaking. So it's good I was an AMC fan! 

Edited by Donna L. Bridges
forgot something