Y&R: January 2024 Discussion Thread

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Jack/Victor crossing paths at Society. I'm sorry but I can't buy these two as frenemies, after all Victor has done. It seemed like Eric was reading his lines off the counter. Maybe not, but his halting delivery makes it appear so. 

Very contrived having Nikki turning to Jack with sobriety issues.

Chance/Summer look good together. Connor was fine in that suit.

Demerit points to Audra for a backless dress in the office.

I focus a lot on the visuals because the stories are not interesting.

One thing I applauded from vet director Sally MacDonald was the Society and GCAC scenes utilized tight shots so the lack of other customers was not noticeable. Quite effective.

However when Esther was serving Nikki and Diane at CL there was one extra who was not really in camera and the rest of the place was empty. Looks crap.

• Members

There's no doubt in my mind -- Eric Braeden is definitely reading his lines off the counter, off the desk, off of the chess board, off of whatever.

They do look good together. However, Summer still reads as young/immature for Chance.

Of course, I'm saying that while also acknowledging that Chance is kind of a himbo who doesn't have many deep thoughts rattling around in his head.

I do the same, Paul --  on Y&R more than on the other soaps.

• Members

I know I am being nitpicky but Sharon used customer and client interchangeably. Is her company a public facing company or are they providing software to companies? The last time I watched, I had the impression that her company provided software to other companies, rather than individual consumers. Just wondering.

• Members

That set is badly in need of a makeover.

Nice to see Esther-the show needs those kind of talk to characters. And Esther isn't being presented as a ditz.

honestly, with better writing and improved production values, Y&R is still viable. 

Maybe if Mulcahey can work some magic at GH they might show Griffith the door. And get a new EP.

• Members

The floor plan is fine but the decor is not. The jukebox, robot and creepy puppet wall deco in the bin. A contemporary makeover like any viable business would take on after decades.

Especially when they expect us to believe wealthy characters like Nikki would stop in for  a coffee. The place needs to go upmarket. Serve casual meals at night so it would be another option for characters to dine at . Less formal than Society or GCAC.