DAYS: January 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members

Me, I thought today was Stacy's day! Part of that, of course, is having gone so long without seeing her, which is a prerequisite for me, that Kristen be on & off & off again & then on. NOT on on on nonstop all the time. Besides that her scene with EricM was well written for both characters. Really good dialog, very aware of their histories as well as his current mood because of the Tate crisis. And, she showed such range. Kristen began furious & worked through understanding & compassionate, all the way to reassuring & then finally flirting. 

I concur. 

Oh, you boys, just any chance to get Andrew or Paul!!! 

I don't see anything beyond self-interest when it comes to Melinda. I still don't see what she got out of all of this.

Oh yes, I am so so worried. How can we trust them to do another whole dump onto the already over-loaded retcon history of one John Black! 

Carolyn's rosary was an excellent touch!

Today was another good DAYS

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

This really felt as if it was written by someone else who wasn't writing in the fall because of Kristen's sudden left turn.  On Thanksgiving, she was yelling at Marlena and refused to let her see Rachel, yet there was no mention of the event today.  She was part of the impetus for Dimitri's crime wave, but there was no reference to that today.  And, I get that they said she had been out of town, but wasn't she at Gabi's wedding, which was a key event in the current story?

Controversial opinion, I like the Konstantin mystery, it is the only plot that leaves me wondering what will happen next, especially since everyone seems to have forgotten that Li was murdered.

• Members

Not much happened, but I enjoyed today. I think these scab writers are doing an even better job than the scab writers at GH did. You can tell that a real effort is being put into every script and I’m also really liking how they seem to be laying the groundwork for future story in many of the scripts, except for that Brady/Kristen thing yesterday

Please register in order to view this content

Awwww Tate.

Poor guy. I liked the conversation that he had with Theresa. Her using her own experiences in order to encourage Tate to hang in there was nice to see. She’s finally acting like his mother and I like that. 

Brady/Nicole was really good too, even though he really needed to choose his words a little better. This family vs family thing could actually be an interesting dynamic in this storyline, especially now that Brady is ready to take action against EJ. That dynamic could lead to something good in the future, if it’s used effectively. 

Jada and Everett missing each other by seconds was like a classic soap moment but it’s time for them to finally see each other. But that could be interesting too, especially since they’re finally building up a Stephanie/Jada friendship. 

Abe and Paulina watching their wedding together was sweet. This is what Paulina needed to be doing from the very beginning.

And btw, that drink that Paulina made looked nasty

• Members

I thought today was another good DAYS. I cannot imagine any prison where that loser doper guy could have had long hair like that! So, that was inconsistent. Plus, he was way too cool to be under arrest for selling 2 bags of drugs to an undercover cop. 

You refer to the flirting? 

I wondered how much Tate would know about her being kidnapped & held hostage in Mexico?!! They must have very interesting family stories! HA! 

What did he say wrong? Things seemed to be going fine & then all of a sudden she took offense. She herself knew that Holly got drunk one night over the holidays. And, it's high time that Johnny divulged that he'd seen her smoke a joint. 

DiMera v. Brady, Round #1. 

I'm personally really tired of Everett, Stephanie & of Konstantin. 

Wheatgrass & kale? What do you expect when that is your starting point?!! GAG 

• Members

4.3/10

As much as I like the build up of the family rivalry, the “I swear on my...” dialogue was a little too on the nose.

Also, there is a lack of consistency.  When Tate was arraigned, EJ made the argument that it was neglectful not to call 911, regardless of if he was supplying the drugs.  But today, EJ was focused on Tate as the one who gave the drugs to Holly, as if he didn't make that whole speech the other day at the station.

However, I am a sucker for the soap convention of Jada just missing Everett on every occasion.  I am eager to see how/why he has two names. 

But, the newspaper is going to have a murder/mystery event?  First, it is a bit tacky for a PR person to suggest such an event while Salem is plagued with unsolved murders.  Second, what newspaper puts on social events like that?  Third, IRL, does anyone go to murder/mystery parties?  They're like the modern equivalent of a masked ball, something that is only commonplace on TV.

Edited by j swift

• Members

Murder mystery parties/dinners are extremely popular on the east coast. I've already run three and am writing the script for a fourth -- a murder mystery inspired by The Golden Girls and Schitts Creek. They're sellouts every time and a great way to raise funds for causes.

• Members

I felt the same way, what a weird non-ending. I had to be reminded here of the Jada-Everett connection to catch the significance of them nearly meeting because I was scratching my head at what felt like a dud of a conclusion.

• Members

F*ck you, Alex 

Please register in order to view this content

Can somebody please knock him out? They really made us hate him today and I was so glad to see him get shut down at the end. I was totally Team Justin, even though he seemed a little Ned-like. As sudden and random as Alex’s animosity towards Justin is, I’m enjoying it. It’s a natural reaction for someone who’s in Alex’s position. Hopefully, we’ll get some more insight into how he’s feeling in future episodes. This is the way it should have been written from the very beginning. I think we all know why it wasn’t though lol 

Plus, this storyline does play more into RSW’s acting style, rather than him being written as a romantic lead who’s always in the right. 

I was also glad to see Roman and Kate finally out of the Pub lol and I’m looking forward to this storyline with Lucas. It’s time for something to happen with him. Poor guy’s spent more time in prison for a measly little kidnapping than most people in Salem do for murder

Lucas, getting out of prison and trying to rebuild his life would be a good storyline, especially if his children and grandchildren were around. That probably won’t happen, but I’d like to see what the scab writers will do with him.