GH: January 2024 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I haven't lost hope that Sarah and/or Tamara will be allowed to appear next week. It would be a big mistake to leave them and a few others out, but I'd settle for them. And Tony Geary, who I think has to appear.

• Members

Ugh...I hate myself for typing this, but I think LW is doing great.  She's really doing a realistic job.  I would go against SJB/TB appearing because it's gimmicky.  I didn't like the 3 Carly appearance years ago, so I could be off on this.

• Members

I think Laura is doing a fine job. But I don't think you can properly honor the Carly/Bobbie relationship without acknowledging Sarah and yes, I'd use her. Even if not as Carly then in a role like Yvette Nicole Brown's at Epiphany's memorial.

• Members

Lol at Sonny telling Nina to apologize immediately to Carly.. After midnight.  After her mom just died.   Shut it Sonny.  Carly actually has bigger problems today.  Carly will  probably weaponize this later, but Sonny just stop.    

Gosh I hate Willow, but I would not be opposed to her just throwing Michael off the dock today.

• Members

Twin Assist!!

Listen, this is one of the only times I have felt Willow had some agency about her own life and choices.  I hate when Corinthos men are like it was to protect my precious flower of a woman.  It's annoying.

• Members

For Bobbie & For Jackie, Mary Oliver's poem "Wild Geese"

http://www.phys.unm.edu/~tw/fas/yits/archive/oliver_wildgeese.html

You do not have to be good.

You do not have to walk on your knees

for a hundred miles through the desert repenting.

You only have to let the soft animal of your body

love what it loves.

• Members

I’ve never been a Laura Carly fan but she really is doing great but my complaint stands with the editing on this show. Everytime you started to feel something they cut to something else immediately. Even DAYS will actually let emotional stuff have some time.

• Members

Yeah I was really disappointed at how this episode was put together. Soaps used to always get these kind of things right but the emotion was just not there for me because of the stilted script, directing and haphazard pacing. LW did a great job but they should have let those scenes breathe and given CM less talking. I didn’t want to hear so much of Carly recollecting what her fake last moments with Bobbie on the phone were or hear Drew constantly telling her how much Bobbie loved her. I just wanted to see Carly feeling the loss and some good flashbacks and it just fell flat for me. I hope the next few episodes are better paced

Laura Scotty Lucy and Kevin finding out could have been directed better as well it just felt so point a to point b, appreciated the flashbacks tho

This Nina and Sonny fallout was boring, he doesn’t even seem all that upset just mumbling for nothing. Her telling him he just wanted Carly to yell at her cause he couldn’t bear to do it was just??? The Sonny I knew would be throwing bottles of liquor and kicking her out the penthouse.

Michael and Willow are a SNOOZE fest my goodness. Kill this girl off Michael needs a wife to carry on the dysfunctional marriage legacy of his parents and grandparents

Jane Elliot is great and managed to make dry material watchable

I don’t like this Nik recast at all

I’m gonna try to watch the rest of this Bobbie storyline but I have a very low tolerance for this writing regime, they give JG a good run for his money in writing lackluster drama