Y&R/B&B: January 2024 Spoilers

• Members

Yes, is "Newman" an oversight?  I think it would be fitting if the nameplate read Sharon Collins CEO.  Sharon has endured so many ups and downs in her relationships and marriages...I think it would make a statement if she changed her name back to Collins, a little shout-out to how she was introduced on the show 30 years ago.

Edited by Jeff

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Here's the clip from Fri CDN, Mon US:

I'l post the twitter link AND try to embed it,  hopefully it can be viewed in whatever way is needed (due to the variance in embedding display depending on device and browser, etc) -

If you cannot see the embedded twitter video, click here to view: 
https://twitter.com/yogachampagne/status/1745901866888663489

This is near the beginning of the party:  Nick brings Sharon flowers sent by Faith and Noah, and he says the nameplate is from him.
Sharon has not changed her name from Rosales to Newman. Is Nick being presumptuous or forgetful?  Did I miss something?  Nick was very supportive of Sharon's marriage to Rey, so I don't get this.

@Jeff said "I think it would be fitting if the nameplate read Sharon Collins CEO.  Sharon has endured so many ups and downs in her relationships and marriages...I think it would make a statement if she changed her name back to Collins, a little shout-out to how she was introduced on the show 30 years ago."

I agree!

Edited by janea4old

• Members

Sharon's launch party happens in the Neil Winters Jazz lounge, which is on the lower level (downstairs from street level) of the GCAC.
Meanwhile the main restaurant is still on the street level.  

This is from before the party starts, Mariah is on the main level with the Cassidy Technology sign hidden.  I like Tessa's dress.
Mariah looks lovely but I can't really see her dress because they are hiding Camryn's pregnancy with the sign.

Please register in order to view this content

(picture via soaphub)

Edited by janea4old

• Members

Sharon Case told Michael Fairman during Emmys week that her January 5th  "dream" episode was filmed earlier in December.

Camryn Grimes' baby was born December 13, 2023.   

Camryn must have filmed Sharon's dream episode and this Sharon's business launch party January 15th episode... right before going on maternity leave.  Right up to the edge.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

(spoiler pic from SOD website)

(spoiler pics from soaphub)

Everyone in Lily's office!

Fyi, Christel Khalil had her baby but didn't announce the birthdate.
We know only because she posted in her ig stories on January 4th, a picture of herself at a restaurant saying "Mom's first night out".  Which implies first night out after giving birth. Probably had the baby sometime in December.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

A while back, Lily and Devon each had their own office; as they are co-CEOs at Chancellor Winters.
I've seen Lily in that chair with the same art on the wall and the same background wall bookshelf detail.
They dialogue said that Billy would be substituting for Lily as co-CEO while Lily is away helping Mattie.
Is that now Devon's office, or Billy's office, or is there only one office?
(like Jabot has only one office, LOL)

And do I care?  No I don't care about who is CEO or whatever,  I just want Lily to have her own space respected.

• Members

The Newman name would have more cache in business so it makes sense to me that Sharon would use that name. I always thought it was funny, anyway, how the women would always keep the most recent husband's name (Mrs. Chancellor then Mrs. Sterling) (Mrs. Newman then Mrs. Abbot then Mrs. Landers etc) even after divorce or death until they married someone new. Poor Esther and Miguel with all the changes. I prefer when they use their maiden name or their longest running relationship (Chancellor for Kay, Newman for Nikki, Abbott for Jill). Those are the names we knew them by the longest. Ray is pretty much a footnote at this point.

Edited by BoldRestless

• Members

Nick and Sharon started Crimson Lights as a memorial to Cassie and a safe place for teenagers to hang out, at least that's how I remember it.  Remember Cassie died as a sober but unlicensed 15-year-old trying to drive because licensed Daniel was too drunk to drive, and she didn't report him, and she was driving when the crash happened.

I like the continuity of Sharon's technology business giving half its profits to charities that promote awareness of underage drinking, and so the name Cassidy First Technology fits that theme - it's Sharon's values flowing into her new career and new future.  (Fyi, Sharon mentions at the launch party that this charity idea was Faith's - must've been from an offscreen phonecall.)

I also like that Sharon's children are represented -  Mariah as her employee, Cassie(Cassidy) in the company name, Faith with the charity idea, and Noah and Faith sending flowers together.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

Rory Gibson at CBS studios December 13. 
Noah appearing in January or early February.
(I suppose he could have been there for a Christmas party;  but usually he posts the outside of the studio when he's actually filming.)

Edited by janea4old

• Members

Sharon and Nick bought Crimson Lights because it's where they fell in love. They hung out there and were crowned kind and queen of the college luau. This was before they found Cassie. I think he proposed there (he proposed multiple times so I'm not entirely sure). They did eventually put a memorial for Cassie on the back patio area and they had Jewel perform with the proceeds going to Cassie's Challenge (a program promoting awareness about underage drinking - I did not remember this until I found the video). This must be what you were thinking of.

Edited by BoldRestless

• Members

Update/correction:

Camryn filmed the Jan. 5th "Sharon's dream" episode before her maternity leave.

but she said on twitter that she filmed the Jan. 15th "launch party of Sharon's business" episode"
*** seven days after giving birth *** ... 

https://twitter.com/camryngrimes/status/1746048919648497823

• Members

I agree with those who think the plaque with Sharon Newman was a bit weird. It makes Nick look especially presumptuous gifting it to her and I realize that wasn’t the intention but logically, it makes Nick look rather presumptuous.
Most of the greater GC area would know Sharon already so she wouldn’t need to affix the Newman name/brand to her new company, especially considering the fact that the last time Sharon Newman was in charge at a high powered corporation (i.e. Newman) it was as Mrs. Victor Newman, ranting and raving around the Newman boardroom. I would think they’d want to shed Sharon of that Newman association based on that alone and allow her to begin anew.
The subtext of Nick gifting Sharon that plaque with “Newman”, not Rosales or at least Collins as her identity, makes him look territorial, like he’s staking his claim. I can see why some viewers are jumping to conclusions regarding a possible reunion between the two.