Y&R: Lauralee Bell previews Danny & Cricket's reunion

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

They are my all-time favorite Y&R couple. I’ve been waiting 30 years for their reunion! 

It’s just so weird that Josh Griffith is the one writing it. Maria Arena Bell was in the process of reuniting them when she was fired, and one of the first things Griffith did was split up Danny and Cricket and Nina and Paul in favor of putting Cricket with Paul. I’m glad Doug Davidson fell out with the show!

• Members

The article
https://www.tvinsider.com/1115936/young-and-the-restless-holiday-episode-christine-danny-phyllis-lauralee-bell/
There's a video embedded inside that article.
It's one of those connatix videos that won't appear with adblockers on, so I didn't see it at first.

Here is an archive of the video by itself:
https://archive.org/details/g364u5
It might load slowly but it works, and is in decent quality.

^ That video is what Danny gives Cricket.

The scene already aired in Canada, and here it is from a Canadian viewer - with both of them exchanging gifts:

Edited by janea4old

• Members

Christine: "Here, Danny, I bought you this garment worn by a real musician!"

Danny: "Uh...rock on...?"

Best part: It came from Lauren's "vintage collection," because that is just what Cricket should have done: buy a Christmas gift for her ex from his other ex.  Somewhere, Traci Abbott is yelling, "Girl, what is WRONG with you??"

Edited by Khan

• Members

Who is #Craniel? I know that’s not supposed to be some type of portmanteau for Cricket and Danny. Daniel is Phyllis’ son because nobody calls Danny Romalotti Daniel.

Please register in order to view this content

As much as I detest portmanteaus, if you’re going to try to make one up, don’t be lazy, create one that’s actually true to the characters’ names.

• Members

Michael Maloney for TV Insider:  It sounds like the stage is being set for this story to kick into gear in the coming weeks and months.

Lauralee Bell:  Yes. It’s the lull before the storm. This [holiday encounter] will only reignite the story. Phyllis is still relatively calm. But I think you’ll get everything in this episode. You’ll get a little bit of everything. There’s some good stuff coming up in 2024.

---------

Update:

https://soaps.sheknows.com/the-young-and-the-restless/news/707460/phyllis-breaks-up-danny-christine/ 

Kristyn Burtt interviews Michael Damian for soaps.com(soaps.sheknows)

• Damian also swears to us that he’s sticking around because he’s “loving doing this show” with all of the “twists and turns that they’ve created.” Yep, he’s totally digging the Christine and Phyllis drama as much as we are. He hints that The Young and the Restless writers have “really, really fun stuff planned” for Danny, Christine, and Phyllis. 

Despite his busy directing career, he is making the time “to pop over to Genoa City” and “jump on camera” whenever they need him. Damian says enthusiastically, “I think it’s really important as a filmmaker to reconnect to that other side [of the camera] and get back into sharing Danny’s story.”