Y&R: Lauralee Bell previews Danny & Cricket's reunion

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I can’t see how Danny could even look at Phyllis if he truly loves his sanity! Phyllis was such a venomous creature that was pretty much a human wrecking ball for his prospects for a loving relationship. Did he even have another long-term romantic relationship after that?

Even Daniel knows how bad his mom would be.

• Members

If we saw Phyllis doing her community service it might work in favor of the character making some positive progress and being more sympathetic.

Imagine seeing her working with elders or recovering addicts etc and she could realize how lucky she is. OK Phyllis is never going to completely change but it certainly would add some depth to her persona.

Instead she's slinking around GCAC claiming to be a changed person with nothing to back it up.

• Members

Thank you for saying this. We’ve quite literally seen nothing change about Phyllis outside of she’s now no longer obsessed with getting revenge on Diane. Now she goes from the three places that exist in this town oh and now Daniel’s apartment, telling everyone she’s changed. 

Reading up on the history of Danny/Christine/Phyllis it’s truly absurd this man isn’t only merely civil with Phyllis when they’re both around Daniel and nothing else.

Edited by Antoyne

• Members

It’s insane. Phyllis pretty much became a human wrecking ball for Danny’s romantic relationship prospects. I don’t think we even heard of Danny having a serious romantic relationship after this era. He really only need be civil to Phyllis when Daniel’s around, it would be more interesting dramatically if Danny could barely conceal his bitterness under his nice guy/zen persona. To me, it would be more realistic if he even were to be torn between rekindling a relationship with Traci and rekindling a relationship with Cricket. And the fact that even Daniel is saying any relationship between Phyllis and Danny is a terrible idea is really telling.

Seems like the folks at Y&R are now set on this absurd triangle between Cricket/Danny/Phyllis. Has Danny even had a conversation with Traci since he’s been back in town? Surely, he and Lauren must have had a coffee or something, right?

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

In the meantime there needs to be drama, not just couples or else where does it go from there? I’m just saying that particular triangle may satisfy some desire but otherwise doesn’t make much sense logically. I know that on soaps, logic has gone out the window ages ago.