Y&R November 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Maybe she is hallucinating? J. Eddie Peck was never an amazing actor but he seems to have gotten Rusty, He has been far better than this! 

I hope he gets comatose and we get a break from him for a while, JM is another of those actors who need a vacation! With the exception of his Body he hasn't had much to offer lately!

Edited by Joseph

• Members

Outside of CZ there was nothing to see. Amelia Heinle and Hayley Erin as scene partners for the forseeable future sounds like waterboarding to me. The acting in the scene with Cole, Nicholas and Snortoria started to collapse -- where were the directors? Abysmal.

My distaste for TSJ is well known.  

The show is a ring around the rosey series of job changes and the same conversations over and over. Josh Griffith seriously needs to go. 

Just because CZ brings buzz doesn't mean the story has any value. I'd watch her read the phone book, but the rest of the characters and the story itself are not good.

I don't know, I certainly wouldn't want this to be my doctor...

0btTCl1.jpg

I mean, I guess she tries...

• Members

Lol yeah she tries,  A LOT! maybe that's the problem? 

Anyway I enjoyed her as Abby until we were supposed to take her seriously! They should've waited longer to attempt to make her a front burner, she worked fine as a supporting character, As For Colleen, I guess we are doomed to nor being able to enjoy her very long! The writing is also atrocious, This year has been overall bad for Y&R, I had so many hopes, Josh Griffith socks!

• Members

I had to double check today to make sure I wasn’t watching Days

Please register in order to view this content

Today’s 11/28 episode reminds me that while don’t mind an occasional campy story, there has got to be some entertainment value to it. Of course Josh Griffith is boring not an entertaining writer.

Instead we got a laughable mess of EB, JM, JEP, and AH all making silly dance moves to show the effects of the poison as a lifeless Hayley Erin gave a boring and odious soliloquy, only to be interrupted by the Jordan who very ineptly revealed her actual deception, just like a silly villain in a kids cartoon would do. 

Of course I might be more forgiving if Nick dies in a shocking secret unspoiled twist, but we know it’s just a cheap November sleeps stunt.

This show should’ve pulled a Days with ED and asked HT to play Victoria for these episodes.

MTS was the one bright spot, CZ is fun to see again but there’s not much here, and while I’m glad to see Peck again he does come off a bit rusty. I hope he is given more to do than this. 

• Members

Lol! True! I would Have:

Noah Romancing Allie the disappeared Abbott, or Maybe Eden making a short visit To town and giving him and Dumb Kyle A Reality Check, time passes you can't keep a Teenager forever, And Nick is Proof! (I don't Know why but envisioned A Visit from Both Eden And Roxanne to town to make a job with Lily and calling The Hypocrites on their crap, recently)

Faith Coming to Town To Check on her family, After the current situation more than ever, And give her some work to see if she can stick around, Is Sharon still trying to run Kirsten Enterprises???

Reed would come to town to visit mommy dearest and (meet his new sister?) Help Taking care if newman while they recuperate, he could discuss his musical ambitions (if he still has any) with Daniel And Devon, 

Teriah would enter a rough patch over the stress of raising a baby, with one of them straying and cheating, I'm surprised they didn't do something like that yet! Especially in such a cheating happy soap

Summer Should enter A Custody Battle against Kyle for Harrison, it shouldn't be difficult, Kyle is a deadbeat! She could also get Tara To Help, that is if she is still in Jail

As for Phyllis I would just write her off for a while

• Members

I’ve missed your Y&R commentary as it’s always spot on. It’s how I survived the days of Upchuck Pratt

This show has really failed the next generation of Newmans. We finally have a Summer who could be a leading heroine and now she’s banished to a triangle that is an afterthought. 

As for Claire I don’t see her having a long shelf life either. The whole trend of a psycho character being connected and/or related to a established character or family started back in the days of Kevin, and most of them have ended up dead in the end anyways. 

• Members

If we had a that is what I would give this post, because that is exactly my reaction.

I tuned in to see what the hype was about, after honestly not watching regularly since Traci and Brad's honeymoon.  But, I've read enough recaps to follow along, and honestly it wasn't that difficult.

However, when Nick become the smartest Newman?  They're all sitting around talking, just waiting for the poison to kick in, and he's the only one actively looking for an antidote.   I mean, Victoria's got other kids, she could wait to get Claire's exposition once they find the cure, but she's sitting on the sofa trying to have a family therapy session.

It was nutty to be sure.  Fun, a little dumb, with very melodramatic performances, and Nikki's vision were laughable.  But, I will give the writer credit that this one of the few kidnappings in the history of soaps to include a bathroom.  Poor Brad had to be constipated for a month when Lisa locked him in a cage.

• Members

Hi, I'm new here. I have watched Y&R to see Neil Winter's tributes, to see the Teriah 2 day wedding, to see a more recent Teriah event where the girls shockingly had a date night and I watched 4 days around Chelsea's suicide. So never any day in & day out. 

And, today was one of the most surreal episodes of any soap anywhere, anytime. 

I have one question. Are there regular day ahead posts included here?