LIFETIME: "Ladies of the 80's: A Diva's Christmas"

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

https://deadline.com/2023/10/lifetime-christmas-movie-80s-divas-loni-anderson-morgan-fairchild-linda-gray-donna-mills-nicollette-sheridan-1235561959/?fbclid=IwAR3eVODZzcNZeQq7oB_F6jXNZg59QKg3uNtjmJAbgbeezvSdDUa0HsTLKj8

Lifetime To Air ’80s Themed Holiday Movie With Loni Anderson, Morgan Fairchild, Linda Gray,Donna Mills & Nicollette Sheridan

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

It's hard for me to picture Loni with the rest of this cast just because I don't automatically think of her when I think of "ladies of the '80's."  "WKRP in Cincinnati" was her claim to fame; and that, IMO, was more of a '70's show than an '80's one.

• Members

Poor Linda Gray looks frail in that sidelong shot of the women. But my mother is also that thin these days near that age and she's doing okay, so who knows.

Oh God. The Loni/Denise Richards double act story. That was a nadir moment for the show (and actually in the back half of Season 4 IIRC, which wasn't quite the dying days but it was a rough patch and got rougher down the road).

• Members

Loni never found another part as good as Jennifer. She was in so many TV-movies and failed shows or dying shows (the one that interests me most is her show with Lynda Carter - not enough to actually watch it, admittedly). By the '80s she seemed to be more known for her marriage. 

Sometimes I forget Linda is 83 now. I don't know how these ladies do it.

You're right that Melrose went on for a number of years after that. I think that's when I stopped watching.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

Just looking at the picture ... Morgan Fairchild played the lead Racine, in Paper Dolls, and Nicolette Sheridan was introduced in that show. 

And, another thing, this year during PRIDE I learned that Linda Gray was the first person to play a transgender character in a Norman Lear primetime soap that I would kill to get to see, All That Glitters & I believe it was as early as 1977. 

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Donna L. Bridges
just had a thought