LIFETIME: "Ladies of the 80's: A Diva's Christmas"

• Members

If you're a TV nerd like I am, you'll also remember her from all those Tylenol commercials she made back in the day, lol.

Last I heard, Susan Saint James was happily retired and living in CT with her husband, Dick Ebersol.  But, you know, I think she could be persuaded to appear in a Christmas movie (w/ Jane Curtin and the rest of the "Kate & Allie" cast?).

And, OMG, seeing Stefanie Powers again in anything would be awesome.  Right now, there's a thread about classic primetime miniseries in the Cancelled Soaps thread, and BITD, she and Jaclyn Smith were QUEENS of the miniseries!

I think I would die if I ever saw Miss Hall and Miss Lucci share the screen with each other.  Talk about "Clash of the Titans," lol.

Meanwhile, it's a shame Brenda Dickson has crazied her way out of the business, because she would make a good addition to this ever-growing list, too.  You can't remember the '80's without remembering her Jill Abbott showing up for work at Jabot in expensive evening gowns, lol.

Edited by Khan

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It just so happened that when reunion movies/specials were a big deal circa 2001-2005, I was regularly watching Kate & Allie on Oxygen and was a huge fan. I wanted so badly for a follow-up to the show, but even then it seemed to be more or less "forgotten" in the canon of 80s family sitcoms. I didn't realize SSJ was retired.

• Members

I said it just by reading the synopsis that they probably just switched Morgan to Joan's character and added Loni as Morgan's. With that said, it's really lazy to leave obvious references like that in, but then again it is a Lifetime movie.

• Members

Married at First Sight is their #1 franchise but rarely tops 700,000 viewers. Their recent movies have averaged between 300,000-500,000 viewers. They supplement the ratings with their streaming platform, but based on the live ratings alone, I’d definitely expect to see some of these ladies again. I mean this is the second project in one year for Donna so they must be happy with what they’re getting from her. 

• Members

I will say, I’m really impressed Lifetime invested so much into promoting this. They probably have over 10-20 Christmas movies that premiere each year and you don’t see this type of promo campaign around them typically. It’s nice they decided to devote this time to women who are primarily in their 70s and 80s. 

• Errol changed the title to LIFETIME: "Ladies of the 80's: A Diva's Christmas"