Characters Without a Fanbase

• Members

Jamie Luner coming up makes me think of my most interesting encounter with AI chat & its rather severe deficiencies in knowledge of soaps. I asked it what character & show did Susan Lucci's daughter play & it replied: Liza Colby was played by Jamie Luner. I corrected it of course. But, it blew my mind because it gave me A Liza, just not the right Liza! 

So, now I'll say

Did Liza Huber's Gwen on PSSN have a fanbase? 

Did Jamie Luner as Liza Colby have a fanbase & was she accepted even though she wasn't Marcy Walker? 

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The best thing Pratt did at AMC was Annie's crazy adventures and her tangled web with the Chandlers.  JR and Annie honestly was his idea but of course others would get the praise.

No! He was forced. He and Frons had early meetings about it which started the first wedge in their friendship. When Pratt first joined the show he was all about keeping Adam and the Chandlers and Erica upfront, and he had plans for Fusion but none of that materialized! He was only allowed to write for Missy Egan only because Frons liked her too!

Edited by DemetriKane

• Members

Don't put words in my mouth. I never used the word " Hate". I said he was forced to add characters to storylines who probably would've never been a major thread in the storyline. I'll announce my source once I get my Reese article. Don't worry I'll wait......

Oh like most of the on-set things said about him? Yeah, okay. Everything that's he's been rumored to have done at AMC isn't true but he's an easy target and scapegoat.

Edited by DemetriKane

• Members

Maybe you should just say specifically what you dispute? Isn't everyone on board that he told the actors to forget about their character's history? And he was going to be shaking things up? And that Ehlers was promised a story with Ricky Paull & then not given it? 

Are you aware of a LOT of things that you suspect are specious? 

• Members

No. I'm good. I was willing to end the discussion when you and I last communicated.  But I hate to see the guy constantly get bashed.  It's like okay we get it he got hired and said " The famous quote highlighted".  Y'all have established that for 2 decades lets move on.

Edited by DemetriKane

• Members

Can do! I'm glad you waited, it's been a busy week recovering from my COVID booster.

The above SON link from '09 repeats the material from a TV Guide interview with Michael Fairman that was posted at the time and is very real. I would've passed along the archive.is link but that site is being finicky tonight.

There's more out there that I believe adds even more concrete detail, but that's a good start. Here's Tamara basically dropping a dime on Pratt and the show in The Advocate:

Happy to help.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I'd say KMH. In later years she had fans of Hal/Emily and Em/Paul, but I don't remember many EmilyFirstFans, per se. Her Emily was just a little too acidic for my taste. I'd put Lesli Kay in the same group. Before her pairing with Jake, she didn't seem to impress viewers.

• Members

But see this goes against what you said though. He spoke about OTHER storyline options for Reese if she stayed around without Bianca and he ultimately stuck with the original plan. 

No. Because it's childish. Anytime someone brings his name up around here it's always the same tune. You suck it up! You guys are the ones UPSET that he can't write and ruined some shows, not I. Giggles.....

• Members

He put it on Eden, but Eden quit early specifically because of the direction of that storyline (and Tamara was not far behind, declining to pick up her six month option with the show). Between that and another interview I can't lay hands on it's clear that what he describes here, using Bianca to intro Reese and turn her into a bisexual vixen, was in fact Plan A. The only reason he went back to Bianca and Reese is because both women quit.

Edited by Vee