Characters Without a Fanbase

• Members

Okay, you asked for it. I don't think it is childish. He said what he said & that is not in dispute. If you must blame someone blame Lucci. She went her whole career basically without saying a hard word against anyone until she unloaded on 2 people: Brian Frons & Chuck Pratt. 

But I also think that he really did care about characters if it was a character that he created. 

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

What did I ask for?  I came into this thread speaking specifically about the subject at hand, and others turned it into a Pratt-bashing thread. When it's been done for 15 years yes it's childish in my eyes, and I'm not changing on that!

And that Susan Lucci's excerpt was cute LOL.  I always found her little shade toward them "A Little Too Late" Her only time to speak up would've been much more effective while the show was still on air.  And wasting her pages on Pratt and not McTavish (The Unaboration) was a little cowardly IMO. Pratt didn't do much damage to Erica; she came alive again under his pen so it's an opportunistic move by her To Me! 

Yeah, she can use he disrespects our cast and creator, yea but you choose now to say something? And where was this outrage when Edmund fired for not being sexy?Julia Barr let go? Stuart being killed?Lucci can go kick rocks.

@Vee My perspective of this issue isn't the same as yours. I do partly blame Eden because I don't buy that she would have stayed around if the storyline had been better. Her being permanent on the show was a problem with me before Pratt was even hired to write for them, and she still wasn't full-time when they went to HULU, she did a fist full or episodes. As I said before Pratt was an easy target.

This vindicated Pratt in my eyes. He admits this was a 2-year storyline and there's no way the audience could be satisfied with this rushed job.  And I like the fact he wanted to let Reese be able to stand on her own as a character,  so many couples on this show can't function without each other so I get it!

• Members

Me, too!

And, I honestly have no idea how that happened. 

Well, we will just have to agree to disagree on that point. When certain people come up, or certain events, I am likely to have things to say. Pratt is one but he only gets a little fire from me compared to, say, JFP or Frons, or McT. 

I can make no defense of not speaking about the Unabortion. Since it is absolutely one of the worst things to be done to a soap, everyone should have spoken up. 

I've spoken up about him & other people different places & times. It's because it came up. I've been more than ready for it to be done for some time. Which you basically said already. Folding my tents ... 

But I also do not always say it. Sometimes I just pass on by.