LATEST RATINGS: August 21-25, 2023

Toups

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The remaining soaps are just getting stale.  Back in the day if a show brought in these numbers, it was canceled.

I mean I barely watch Days anymore (wonder what their ratings are like).

B&B is the same dialogue every day, people talking about others' relationships, there's barely any movement.

Y&R is getting the same as B&B, all they talk about is business.  I think the most exciting thing was Diane saving Ashley from choking.  That's not saying a lot.

• Members

B&B Spoilers Monday, August 21, 2023 – Episode 9088

Liam makes an impassioned plea. Steffy demands answers. Thomas keeps a secret.

B&B Spoilers Tuesday, August 22, 2023 – Episode 9089

Ridge questions Thomas about Hope. RJ chooses an alliance. Hope and Liam make a unified decision.

B&B Spoilers Wednesday, August 23, 2023 – Episode 9090

Thomas makes a selfless act. Steffy is stunned by Liam’s admission.

B&B Spoilers Thursday, August 24, 2023 – Episode 9091

Eric and Ridge have a misunderstanding. Finn sees Steffy.

B&B Spoilers Friday, August 25, 2023 – Episode 9092

Eric protects his legacy and demands respect. Steffy and Finn profess their love.

The attempted Liam/Steffy/Finn triangle is tanking BB.

• Members

I Never i thought I see the day that Y&R is making such bad numbers. That’s insane.

I mean B&B is getting international support and money so they can put whatever they want on air as long as the international support is there.

GH… I’m still surprised that Oltl wasn’t saved when it got better ratings than GH before cancellation..  But GH can call itself lucky to even get continued by this point. All Those bad numbers and interruptions etc. 

The numbers are getting as low as GL, Atwt etc. Crazy. Lol 

• Members

With appreciation and all due respect to Toups for posting the ratings, I don't believe that any decision maker at the networks look at only linear ratings anymore. It's a base that they build off that with Paramount+ (Y&R, B&B) and Hulu (GH) and on demand and live +7 all added into their numbers. We have no idea how many viewers these shows actually have.

• Members

Absolutely. DAYS streaming numbers are what kept it alive at NBC for years and, ultimately, saved it at Peacock. I have no doubt the 3 remaining soaps do quite well on streaming.

Separately I'm pretty sure B&B's YouTube channel, where they're uploading previous season episodes, is quite popular both domestically and WW.

B&B is likely the safest of all soaps - it's 18 minutes, rarely does special effects, has used the same sets for years, LA remotes are cheap and the other remotes often tied to some other promotional effort aka they're subsidized.