Days: August 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I’ve been hoping for that since this storyline began 

That’s another thing

Dressing and writing Leo like a twink, when he’s clearly well past his twink days, hasn’t really helped much either. 

Why couldn’t Dimitri run into him at the Salem Inn?

• Members

I was just thinking & this is off the wall & half DAYS & half GH but if Ron had been writing for Gloria Monty BITD he wouldn't have called the rape a seduction, no, he would have killed off Luke & immediately brought Tony Geary on as a new character named Myron with short hair, granny glasses, sleeveless sweater vest, Argyle socks & carrying books of poetry & introduce him to Laura.  

• Members

Jen Lilley has always been very vocal about her Christianity and beliefs.  I have always been a fan of her soap work, so I was pretty disappointed when I found some of her quotes.   She's also one of the faces of that Great American Family channel so this tweet seems on brand.   God told her Theresea was a good character!

It would be the only good thing to come out of this story and it solves multiple problems.  Leo will be dead, Gwen will go to jail, and Dmitri will be free.  

• Members

And Dimitri would deserve it to. He still has never really paid for trying to kill everybody in Beyond Salem. And yeah, for what he did to Gwen as well

Please register in order to view this content

Then eventually, you pair him with Andrew, who unfortunately couldn’t make it work with Paul 

• Members

I think I remember once a long time Jen Lilley saying that she wasn't playing herself.. but a character.. and that there was motivation for Theresa being the way that she was (i.e. at her core, Theresa is a good person.. but has been burned so many times that she strikes first before someone strikes at her)... whenever people were going after her for playing a character like Theresa when she was a Christian. 

• Members

I know Jen mentioned her religion in interviews since GH, but it also seems like it something she's progressively ramped up over time.  While I am sure she's a devout Christian I also think she's pandering to a certain fanbase that started with her Hallmark movies.  I don't think she has any particular qualms about taking roles to pay the bills, but also wants those Great American Family checks to keep rolling in.  She's found her niche and wants to keep her brand going.

• Members

I agree -  I get the impression that she is fully aware that she's playing roles and she has no real qualms about Teresa being a "bad person", because she can separate her work from herself. However, the audience she's currently pandering can not and expects you to basically live as a good Christian 24/7 and not accept "immoral" roles. So she has to make up how the characters she's playing are really decent people deep down who've been led wayward.

Not that I feel bad for her or anything - she's clearly doing this so that she can keep those GAC paychecks coming in and not be cancelled by the crowd that complains about people being cancelled.

• Members

No wonder why Chad/Stephanie and Alex’s apartments are such shoeboxes. It’s all one big set

Please register in order to view this content

Dimitri/Gwen/Leo were pure cringe though

I honestly don’t understand how any person with a brain in their head could think that was good soap/TV. And as for Dimitri, how can a man that breathtaking be that pathetic?

After today, I actually am starting to think that Gwen knows about Dimitri and is plotting something. But it still doesn’t make up for how Gwen’s been written lately. And I still stand by what I said about Ron yesterday. 

Everything involving Victor was the best part of today. I’m so glad that Victor’s body was recovered. It wouldn’t have felt right if there had been no body. And I did love the little tribute to John Aniston at the end. I’m also starting to believe that Victor may have been murdered and I’m curious to see how that’s all going to play out. 

As for Alex/RSW, all I’m gonna say is… Zach Tinker, he is not

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

Usually, I'm neither bothered nor concerned that DAYS tapes so far in advance.  It doesn't affect the entertainment value for me that some scene was filmed last week versus last year. 

But, lately it is distracting that they are clearly responding to cultural events from a few months ago, that are no longer news.  For example, Abe's mayoral press conference had obvious inspiration from the John Fetterman campaign.  And, while I would generally object to the trivialization of Senator Fetterman's medical issues by comparing them to a soap opera brain injury that will be magically healed by Christmas, it also feels like irrelevant at this point.

DAYS is generally too silly to try to take on social issues.  And I feel like they risk taking an issue that may have been resolved or reinterpreted since a story was pitched if they use it in the world of Salem's current events.  For example, the recent debate over the main character in the Blindside, or that little girl from TikTok who got hacked, those stories changed within moments of their original reporting, and DAYS risks being on the wrong side of history.  So, before we see a story in six months when Rachel's death is falsely spread by Leo's gossip column, I think it would be wise for DAYS to find other sources for inspiration.

Edited by j swift