ALL: Most Memorable, Iconic Lines from Soaps

• Members

Probably memorable to no one else, but some that have stuck out to me from Days:

"You don't know, do you?" - After finding out he'd tampered with her computer, Marlena realizes John Black is an amnesiac in 1986.

"Drugs!!!!" - Marlo, Rolf's niece, has gone into labor with the baby Stefano plans to switch.

"Look! Tom! They're breakdancing!" - Alice Horton before the 1984 concert.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

“And I thought about it. And I gave it a great deal of thought, Grandpa…” Part of Nancy’s line to Grandpa Hughes, interrupted by news of JFK’s assassination, ATWT

”The Phoenix always rises from the ashes.” Stefano, Days 

“Let’s all gang up on Julie and watch her crawl. Well, I’m not gonna crawl. You can keep me down here in this jail for years. I don’t care. Why should I care? Nobody else cares. Nobody in the whole world.” Julie’s meltdown to Tom, Days

“Only because Alan gave it to you.” Tracy to Monica, GH

”Not Barbara Jean. Not Barbara Jean’s heart.” Felicia to Bobbie, GH

• Members

That's more a catchphrase. See also "I'll be damned".

A Victor trademark is calling people he doesn't like/trust by their full name and its sounds like one word, ie. Jackabbott, Billyboyabbott, Dianejenkins, Tuckermccall.

Edited by kalbir

• Members

"I am grateful for the awareness of the sheer munificence of life as it keeps on rolling on despite our little problems. Sharing our lives with our friends and our family is far stronger than anything that world out there can do to us. Today especially, though indeed every day, Rachel and I our truly blessed. Our riches are at this table with us today. [Looking to the viewer] As indeed you are in our hearts every day. And so I give you, all of us, I give you life!" Mac's Thanksgiving toast, 1988

'sheer munificense'

Please register in order to view this content

always got me

• Members

"No Iris, the daughter I knew. The daughter I loved. She's dead Iris," Mac Cory to Iris Carrington, Another World

"The compass is broken," Carly to Jack, As the World Turns

"Have a seat, on me," Jack Abbott to Victor Newman, The Young and the Restless

"Good night," Katherine Chancellor, The Young and the Restless

"Even if he could, he's not interested," Diane Jenkins to Nikki Newman, The Young and the Restless

• Members

This isn’t famous but it tickles me. It’s from GL 1985. India is warning Maeve about Reva, whom she believes has her gold-digging sights set on Phillip and Kyle.

Reva, who was married to H.B. at the time, walks in on the chat, and India calls her every ugly white-trash/slut name in the book.

India tells her to “stick to Old Man Lewis and count your blessssssings,” with that amazing Mary Kay Adams’s accent, before working her way to a final degradation:

”DO YOUR BIOLOGICAL TWITCHINGS IN HIS BEDROOM!”

This one is more infamous:

”There’s only one last thing left to say. So long, you miserable hypocrites! It’s been real fun! *jazz hands*” - Barbara before leaping through the window in the courtroom on ATWT

• Members

I know many GL fans don't love this period in the show's history, but I do.  I love mid-to-late '80's GL as much as I love any era of GL's history up to the late '90's, when I *really* thought the wheels had come off the old wagon.  Perhaps it was due to the level of acting, or perhaps it was due to the fact that even when the show was experiencing a run of bad stories, there still were great moments and scenes to be found.  I don't know.  But the truth is that I miss just about all of GL - the good, the bad and everything in-between -  today as much as I did when I watched the final episode.

• Members

There are some shows that, even when they weren’t the greatest back in the day, were still watchable on the strengths of the actors, as you say, @Khan, and just the vibe. GL is certainly up there for me. That said, I started watching circa 1990 as a kid, so I don’t have the same deep anger surrounding the decimation of the Bauer family and the other characters who were dismissed around 1983-85. I can certainly imagine people feeling the way I felt when the Santos crime family and the San Cristobal set displaced some of my favorites. But how can you not love Mary Kay Adams jousting with Beverlee McKinsey, for example?