Y&R July 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

Yeah and at least during the late 80’s it would end with some benefit concert involving Danny. Yikes.

On the other hand, a lot of the nasty common folks Y&R characters encountered were the Karens of their time. Mary Williams and her church’s women circle, Jessica Blair’s naysayers, Derek Stuart’s mother, the unpatriotic man Victor berated, Nina’s haters, Gloria Capshaw at April’s trial, and of course Jill & Katherine themselves. 

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Haha as bad as they were the original teen pregnancy story involving the girl from Honey I Shrunk the Kids, with one time daytime diva Lynn Benesch as her mother while the dead guy from Touched by an Angel John Dye as baby daddy were hugging on screen and being sappy as could b with each other as Danny & Lauren sang together did lead us to Molly’s best friend Nina as a very, very chilling follow-up story. 

• Members

Haha, I haven't seen this one in a while but I forgot the "Crystal Lake" reference  

I love the discussion these classic episodes musters!  I can't believe some people are upset that they aired a true classic over the current crap....It's frustrating. 

• Members

You know what they say, "great minds think alike, and fools seldom differ."

Also, I went back to vault to see the previous year's July 4th episode, and there's a notable difference that Mamie is no longer stuck in the kitchen in her uniform for the whole party by the time this episode aired.

Edited by j swift

• Members

Considering General Hospital is filming certain scenes one-day before they air, they're definitely trying to stretch the material that's been pre-written to their advantage, and if that's what it takes, I'm all for it right now. If there were no strike, I'd be pissed.

• Members

7-5

Well, it's nice to see the untucked shirt strike is over. I see you, actors.

Please register in order to view this content

Hehe. Now that she's in the driver seat due to Victoria's manipulations, Audra is vamping it up a little bit. And I'm NOT hating it. Her scene with Lily revealing that she was now in charge of Newman Media...oooo....that was good. Could we get another rivalry going for Audra? Cuz you know that one with Summer is coming.

It's funny. I should be oh so mad at Summer and her marriage falling apart is her fault, too (yes, also Giggly Heffa), but Kyle is really not coming across as well at all. Yes, he should be angry. Three sex sessions. Sending flowers to Audra. Giving really douche flirt. Giving up the company and still whining when it was HIS choice. And I just feel sorry for Summer. 

Seeing all this talk about moving to the Chancellor mansion is making me think of your ideas, @DramatistDreamer? You think JG is up to something with that, or it's just lip service?

I am wondering if something more is also coming of this story of Sharon being Cameron's benefactor.