Y&R July 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Webmaster

Essentially, both B&B and Y&R will have to move due to construction. I don't know if they've secured a space yet or when the move will happen. As for whether they decide to come back depends on whether there is a deal in place that says they will once renovations are complete at TVC. Knowing LA construction (similar to NY construction), it will likely take longer than expected. I wouldn't be surprised if they did stay wherever they do end up, if they even end up in the same space.

• Members

I'm not sure what the point of Chance and Sharon having sex was. He actually has chemistry with Summer, and now that he's been de-aged, I think it would be an interesting match to explore. They still haven't really given the actor a chance to shine yet.

I'm so over Billy, Chelsea, and Adam at the moment. I would be completely fine with them giving all three characters a rest. I'm not sure Adam is really needed. We already have Victoria as Victor's "mini-me" and Nick is in contrast to her. He just doesn't seem needed. Chelsea is probably the most boring character on the show in my opinion...next to Elena, who seems to have disappeared. I'm not sure what the point of having Chelesa around is. They seem to be spinning their wheels with Billy, too. I think he and Chelsea should move off together, and bring Billy back later when there's a story warranting it.

Seeing Lauren today reminded me of how much I miss seeing her. I wish they would invest in that character again.

• Members

I was hoping we would have had a bit more drama and spectacle for the Jack and Diane wedding.

That being said, Susan Walters continues to be one of the MVPs on this show right now. She plays Diane in a way that you're still not 100% on whether she's just playing everybody still.

I may be a little biased since many, many years ago I worked as a PA on a show SW starred in, and she was always super nice to all of us on the low rung of the ladder. That was certainly not the case with some of the other actors.

Edited by 1974mdp

• Members

I actually did like the whole setup that Billy, Jack, and Diane did. Definitely kudos to JT, PB, and SW because for stepping up because the faked GCAC confrontation was actually well done and very believable enough to be some juicy drama when I’m reality it was all just for show. 

Jack and Diane marrying on Y&R in 2023 was never ever on my bingo card but you know what I’m satisfied with this result. In hindsight the show never should have let Diane go and I’m glad the wedding did make some reference to 80’s and 90’s Jack & Diane in spite of the flashbacks being of the past year.