Y&R July 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Interesting. I was thinking they are trying to stretch out pre-strike episodes, but apparently not, since some scenes never aired at all (and hey, I don't mind Devon and Abby, but I'm fine with skipping them having couch sex in Katherine's living room). Maybe those are for international broadcasts with less commercials. B&B used to (not sure if they still do) broadcast a bonus scene online that was included in the Australian episodes. 

It's funny to me that they can't even afford extras, yet they have time to film scenes they don't even use.

Edited by BoldRestless

• Members

Would not mind them bringing back Cole for a couple of scenes.

LOL ok now it popped into my head that JG could do one of his awful standalone dream episodes with Amelia Heinle and bring back J Eddie Peck, Scott Reeves, Thad Luckinbill, and Don Diamont... ugh, nevermind...

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by BoldRestless

• Members

Yep it actually looks like those Chancellor mansion scenes 

LOL….I guess it wouldn’t be so bad if that ever happened if we could get HT back for the Ryan & Cole scenes (sort of like Days swapping between ED and Haiduk for certain scenes a couple years back). 

Cole should’ve been brought back years ago tbh. I never watched AMC at time but I have read a number of times that apparently Peck and AH had good chemistry when their characters were paired up. That usually doesn’t translate well on Y&R (hello MAB era!) but did leave me intrigued. 

• Members

The pics of the scenes of them dressed in that wardrobe won't be airing - because they've already moved onto a new Genoa City day in new wardrobe.  But yes the set itself will air then.  The "undressed" scenes could have been cut entirely or could air at any time in the future.

• Members

Finally Audra and Summer get to go toe to toe and exchange barbs. A bit on the tame side but fun nonetheless, especially Summer’s line about cheap perfume. Hopefully we’ll get some more. 

And yes I am starting to notice the plethora of flashbacks in each episode now. I mean yesterday’s 2012 flashbacks of Christine & Phyllis were understandable, but today’s show have flashbacks from this week’s previous episodes reminds me of JER’s Days/Passions era 

Edited by soapfan770