Y&R July 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Y&R’s PSA’s were always awkward and embarrassing compared to anything on ATWT, GL or the ABC soaps but Bell always liked telling them as he felt it was important. The last really distinctive one I remember was back in 2003 when a couple of Arab/Middle Eastern executives of Newman Enterprises who came to visit their boss Victor came to visit Genoa City on Fourth of July briefly discussed the possibility the post 9/11 resentment hysteria of anti-Muslim sentiment in the US with Victor, Jack, and Neil. Yet somehow all Neil could muster up and say was “Ya I feel ya man”. Major yikes. 

• Members

Did they sing 2 verses of America The Beautiful? 

Please register in order to view this content

The most shocking reminder I got from that episode was how much Katherine cared about little Phillip. I forget that she considered him a grandson. That was so sweet. Today Chance is written like he doesn't' even know Kathinere, or Jill for that matter. It' such a shame how far the show has fallen.

• Members

On daytime today they wouldn't air four minutes of anything, especially not anything that mattered. I mean it puts Brock and Gina breaking into "America the Beautiful" into a whole new perspective. They cheated the audience out of a lot.

Edited by BoldRestless

• Members

I forgot Christopher Templeton passed away years ago from cancer. So that’s seven actors gone. Of course, Jeanne, Jerry, and Quinn were all older, but Michael, and especially KSJ, Beau Kazer, and CT were all relatively young when they died.

• Members

Yes, I definitely don’t think of Y&R as having their characters deliver these sweeping speeches the way ATWT and GL would do, which is why Neil’s speech stood out to me. Also, just this morning I read an essay that discussed how Frederick Douglass and MLK were two examples of people who loved America, yet weren’t afraid to criticize their country because they wanted it to be better. When I saw this speech, I immediately thought of that. It added so much resonance to what Neil was saying and I understood perfectly why it had to be Neil/Kristoff delivering the speech. It could really only be him.

• Members

the ship has probably sailed on that one but a tribute to Beau/Brock could (should) have been done'

Nikki, Esther, Jill, Ashley, Billy all had interactions and you could bring back Julia, Lorie, Leslie, Nina,Gina, Mac

Considering he never got laid on the show Brock worked his way through a lot of GC ladies!

• Members

I thought that kid was pretty happy with Kay blowing bubbles and the like. It seemed like they played throughout that entire party.

I thought Jill freaked him out. He said something like Neat, both my grandma's are here, but it almost sounded sarcastic. Jill's was so bummed out about how close they were, but we got a little taste of their rivarly. I miss them.