Days: July 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Wendy was always jealous of Chanel but they never interacted.

Also, Eric as a priest was always so weird to me.  It work for the Kristen story years ago, but when you actually think about Eric and his upbringing and life it doesn't work at all.

It's probably Nicole's most consistent character trait.

• Members

Today was an improvement over the last time we saw this stuff with Abe. I’m guessing a certain hack was not allowed anywhere near the script or the breakdown. 

I was dreading what was going to happen when it came out that Nurse Whitley was one of Marlena’s patients but the way everything was tied together was actually pretty clever. I didn’t see it coming. 

I also enjoyed the Kate/Paulina scenes. Things are always a lot better for the two of them and a lot of characters on Days when scenes are written with more subtlety. 

And, I see John was channeling his inner Clint Eastwood today. How many times did he call Jerry “punk”?

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

I enjoyed today's show.  So why didn't Jada or Rafe get Lani's location before this?  It took the US Marshall like 2 minutes to get it.  Rafe is the worst detective.  Kate and Paulina aren't wrong. 

Please register in order to view this content

I liked the attempt to tie Nurse Whitley's story together with Marlena, but her motivations still don't make a lot of sense to me.  Maybe they will expand on it more on Monday.

I really can't take John/Steve's 'tough guy PI' schtick seriously.  They are both 70!  Jerry could have probably just out run them.  And John flashing the gun (the one Brady stole?) at Jerry.  What was John going to do? Shoot him if he didn't talk lol?

• Members

The Eastwood comparison is apt.  They share the same "get off my lawn" energy.  But, it also seems like both of them ache when they try to stand up from a chair.  Meanwhile, I don't know what Dr. Rolf did to him all of those years ago, but somehow John still looks five years younger than Roman.

• Members

The other day when John knocked down Jerry's door I was seriously worried about Drake's health.  Why is Days making this poor guy still do stunts?  To be fair, I have always thought Drake/John looked significantly younger than both Roman's.  He's aged a lot in the last decade though.

On a different note, it's so strange to think when Drake was EM or GV's ages John was settled with Marlena with multiple children, but Eric's on his first kid and Brady can't figure out how to move out of his parents house. 

• Members

DAYS is getting their money's worth out of that dock set.  In my mind, the dock is within walking distance of Horton Square, but I'd still like to know the layout of Salem.

I'm also questioning Paulina's wealth.  She owns the DAYS equivalent of Walmart, so is she Sam Walton rich?  Because she doesn't seem to use her privilege to fund the search for Abe, or to oppose the police commissioner for threatening her daughter.  Does she own other homes?  Is she on leave from work because her husband is missing?  Is she richer than John or EJ?

Also, while I appreciate that they needed to write a way for Marlena to tell Whitley's backstory, why is she divulging confidential information to Kayla?

Finally, it was interesting to find out the Body and Soul is still on the air, given that Wendy was watching it the other day.  Has it moved to a streaming service?.  I wonder if anyone in Salem recognizes that the actors look like familiar people in town, or if that is just a part of Abe's hallucinations?

Edited by j swift

• Members

So, it's a real meta commentary on the audience that young, tech-savvy Wendy watches it on streaming, while older, nostalgia-addict Whitley watches videotapes of episodes.

It is like DAYS is saying,"watch streaming, or you'll end up as a lonely cat lady who kidnaps civil service workers."

Edited by j swift