Days: June 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Lol!  She's obviously had some good work and taken good care of herself, but I do think either 80's styling or just DH's natural looks made her read older in the 70's and 80's so by the 90's she just sort of looked the same age for a long time.  Drake has aged like a silver fox, but has visibly aged.  I swear Deidre Hall looked about the same from the late 90's until like 2012.  She clearly looks older now, but for awhile there was very little difference in her appearance at all.  

• Members

Today was a long one. 46 minutes 

And it was also a good one too. Someone really needs to tell some of the writers on the team that rushing things ruins them, but taking their time on things makes them really good. 

I loved Chad’s scenes. It was nice seeing come to terms with grief and guilt. We finally got a good understanding of his actions and feelings in the past year. I felt like in some episodes, a lot of things involving Chad got rushed. We should have seen more of it. But today, they took their time on everything and it was really enjoyable and comforting to see. Billy and SSH work really well together as well. This is how the storyline should have always been played, instead of having such a huge focus on RSW/Alex. And once again, they tried to write Alex as caring and sincere and understanding and once again, he came off as phony and manipulative. 

I also liked how Dimitri’s character was developed more as well. I almost had a little sympathy for him

Please register in order to view this content

I’m a little interested in this storyline, although I’d still take a pass on both of his potential partners. 

• Members

I always find it strange how characters like Bonnie that have spent years creating elaborate schemes and lying have such a hard time lying about stuff after their 'reformed'.   All she had to say is I didn't see Sarah or Sarah is fine and doing well.   Bonnie is just creating a different elaborate lie to protect Sarah and it's idiotic.  It would have been better if Chloe stumbled upon the news that Sarah was pregnant instead. 

• Members

Television Excellence 

Maybe they weren't clones at all.  Perhaps just plastic surgery or masks.  They weren't called "clones" originally back in 1995. That's something ol' Ronny boy coined onscreen recently because he likely saw my clip of the 4 Marlena Clones on YouTube (I'm proud to say I put it up in the YouTube universe first many years ago and it still circulates under other people's profiles) LOL 

When I first started watching in '95, I was trying to wrap my head around a woman in her mid 30's being mother to Sami (who looked older than 18) and a mother figure to Carrie (who I assumed was in her early 20's) Yet Deidre was turning 48 that year. 

Edited by Gray Bunny

• Members

@AbcNbc247

Wednesday's show was a waste of time.

Thursday's show yummmmm at Tripp. Would love to buy those boxers for some guy(s) I know.

Monday's show...love Stephanie red dress. GR acting is so bad that I don't know if his character is giggling or him? The writing is terrible.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

I was surprised that Gabi and Stefan were the ones who reached out to EJ to form an alliance and that he turned them down. EJ is a lot smarter than that and I expected it to be the other way around. All the more reason that I think this writing team either doesn’t like EJ or is just tired of him. 

Idk what to make of Megan’s plan though. We don’t need another person in this EJ vs Stefan nonsense, but if Megan’s plan leads to Dimera going belly up, I’d be all for it. 

As for Eric/Sloan, all I’m gonna say is Sloan really needs a buddy. Someone she could talk to and confide, sort of like what Chloe and Nicole had today. 

Btw, Nicole’s dress was hideous

Edited by AbcNbc247