Days: May 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

Yes, Bill's just a little over 2000 and Susan is just closing in on 3000, so Dee passed both of them long ago in the episode rankings. Suzanne just hit 3000 last year.

No one has been in at least 3700 episodes except for Drake and Kristian ,who are both in the 4300s.

Here's the full list (as of 12/31/22):

http://www.jason47.com/days/episoderankings.html

Edited by JAS0N47

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Any knowledge of what exactly happened between Suzanne Rogers

and Deidra hall? they are not sharing any scenes for 20 years, did Suzanne did not even congratulate Deidra for the 5000 episode anniversary, nor appear in this photo. what happened?  

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Good episode, but too much stuff happened offscreen. Some of had to be, but some of it didn’t. It seems a few of the new hires on the writing team don’t know much about pacing. 

This Shawn storyline could be really good if they keep investing in him and Belle. This should be the front burner storyline on the show right now, not RSW/Alex. 

Speaking of RSW/Alex, once again, his line delivery makes it sound like he truly doesn’t care about being a better person and that he’s only acting like that in order to manipulate people.

Btw, does anybody else hate the way he pronounces “Auntie”? (Ontie)

Please register in order to view this content

And yeah, the Maggie character assassination isn’t going to work, no matter how she’s written.

• Members

I think it's RSW's Boston accent.  It does sound weird to me and also strange he calls her Auntie.  That seems like such a familiar term and Victor married Maggie when Alex was an adult.  Is she really even his aunt in any sense of the word outside a late in life marriage?

I thought today was just a nothing show.  Important things happened, but I wasn't entertained by any of it and have nothing to say lol.

• Members

This can’t be true. I thought Maggie and Marlena were friends. Am I misremembering them having a lot of scenes together around her “wedding of the century” to John in the early 2000’s. They basically worked together every day during the Salem Serial Killer story. 

• Members

Today's cliffhanger was intriguing.

It is funny how much better the overall quality of the lighting, sets, and even writing is when they are outside of Salem.  Which begs the question - How big is that boat, and why are they always chopping fish?  And why is there no time difference between Salem and Greece?

Kate and Steve make Paulina and Abe seem like they are acting in a community theater production of DAYS.

Also, not to speak ill of the dead, but Victor's an SoB for talking to Shawn like that.

Edited by j swift

• Members

They stopped having scenes when Deidre returned.  It's been about a decade and I believe SR/DH have only had one brief line of dialogue in all that time and it was in passing about Will being in the hospital.  DH/SZ definitely had numerous scenes in the early and mid 2000's and were still considered very close friends.  There absolutely appears to be a rift, but it doesn't appear it will ever change and Maggie/Marlena just aren't friends anymore.

• Members

I guess you’re right. I just chalked it up to vets like Maggie and Marlena rarely getting scenes in general, and the end of the character-driven “talk to” scenes. 

Suzanne more than anyone benefitted from the Drake/Deidre/Stephen/Mary Beth back-to-back departures. She got more storyline immediately, between Mia and Melanie, and becoming the default elder Horton. We were even seeing her home on a regular basis, and we know what a home set means these days in terms of a character’s status on a show. 

Are these actors so vain as to let airtime come between them?

• Members

Maggie and Marlena don't even talk about each other either.  Even if they don't get scenes together due to budget constraints it definitely seems more than that.  If you notice most of the vets talk about one another or what's happening even if they aren't in scenes.  Marlena and Maggie never reference one another even when Marlena dies or gets possessed.  It's actually a pretty common topic on other Days boards and on DH fan pages and what not.

There are a lot of rumors about why they had a falling out and it seems like it's more personal than airtime, but few others and I replied about it in the Classic thread.

• Members

Given that we know Dimetri's other hostage is a Dimera, I thought I would break down the likely suspects.

1. Megan and Kristin are both in jail, so it seems like we can rule them out.
  2. Andre, Benji, Renee, and Lexi are dead, and even though that is not a permanent state in Salem, I think we can rule them out
  3. Tony, Anna, Stefan, Johnny, and EJ are all accounted for in Salem, and Chad's on the boat
  4. I don't think it would be a kid like Rachel or Sydney
  5. Nobody would try to save Vivian or Dr Rolf
  6. So, that leaves either Peter or Theo
Edited by j swift