Temporary Login

• Webmaster

Although the policy of logging in via email address has been in place since November 6, 2021, we are temporarily allowing SON Community members to log in with their username (aka Display name) through April 30, 2023. This is primarily for users who have had trouble logging in due to not having access to the email address they initially used to register an account. Non-impacted users should continue logging in using their email address.

All users are highly encouraged to update the email address we have on file. This will ensure that when the settings returns to login by email address only, you are accessing the system using a current and valid email address.

To change/update your email address on file:

1. Click on drop down list where your display name appears on the top right-hand corner of the page
  2. Click on Account Settings
  3. Click Email Address
  4. Save/update email address

Additionally, we highly recommend users sign up for the two-factor authentication feature. This can be found under Settings and Privacy.

Again, this option is temporary and will be removed effective May 1, 2023.

Best Regards,

SON Administration

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I use Roboform that automatically logs me in. If I didn't have it, I would still know as my email address is engrained in my head when I first joined the SON boards back in the day. Plus, SON starts with an 'S', so I already have a favorite artist and a favorite song that starts with an 'S'. So, no. I wouldn't have issues logging in. LOL! That's how I do passwords. 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Hi, I'm the problem, it's me.

Sometimes you use the features of staying logged in and saving your information to your password manager but you have to get a new operating system and it logs you out of everything and you can't get back in with your email or username.

• Webmaster

I resent the validation email to @Darn.

I've also spent hours looking into any issues with our system sending out emails and I can confirm that every email tested was received by the various email addresses I tested it with.

Other than possibly being placed in someone's spam folder, there is no apparent reason why users aren't receiving emails from the message boards via [email protected].

• Webmaster

It is not recommended or advised to save your password via your browser. People do and have forgotten their passwords when they need them and do, at times, log in from a new or different device, including a mobile or tablet. 

Use this time to make sure you know what your password is. Once the time comes to revert settings, I shouldn't hear people can't log in because they forgot what email they use to log in or the password, which they then can't reset because the email address on file is unknown to the user.

Always good to have a method of remembering your email address used/password. Good idea.

As I said elsewhere. Not a problem. Just helped hopefully resolve an issue others seem to be having as well.

• Errol locked and unpinned this topic