Days: April 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

I'm trying to think of something positive to say about today's episode but I can't think of anything.

Yes, why does Colin have an accent and Sloan doesn't ? 

I know it's just one episode but I don't like Colin or the actor in the role. Jasper is a pretty bad actor.

Ben 2.0 is just a waste of airtime. He adds nothing to the show.

Chanel needs to go! I'm sick of the character and actress. Her storyline has been a complete mess.

Sloan Peterson once again spoken.

Paulina and the sweet bits...just terrible.

Chloe and her comment about what a man Xander was while staring at his big pecs and Xander at the same time looking at her boobs was awful.

Why is Chloe giving this guy the time of day? I shouldn't be surprised. He only kidnapped her while Ciara married and had serial killers babies. It's not a stretch that this would happen on this pathetic soap.

Leo...Why is he still on this soap?

The ending was terrible.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yes, this really is mystifying me. I never thought the move to Peacock would spur a reinvention of the soap genre, but I looked forward to a little tinkering around the edges, at least. But it's the same old tired tropes, done in the same tired old ways. 

• Members

Is Sarah gone for good?  It seems like there's got to a be time where they'll use the baby to ruin Xander's love life.

Regarding Bo&Hope, I've always thought Julie liked Bo more than Hope, (she didn't go to their wedding, she didn't help out with the kids when Bo died, and Hope was terrible to her as a pre-teen), so it tracks that they would come back to see Julie once Bo RFTD. 

The interesting thing about the writers pitching them chasing Megan is that they obviously did not expect long term future stories for Megan in Salem.

I feel like the time that I've been most drawn to watch the show daily was in January 2023 when the adults were having non-committed sex, there wasn't much sci-fi fantasy, and the conflicts felt more organic.  To concur with others, I think the current production limits are better suited for grounded romance and drawing room stories than these large scale make-believe plots (as evidence by the fact that the time lines don't even add up, one day in Greece has equaled three days in Salem). 

But, what still annoys me about the drugged bakery plot is that nobody should leave biscuit dough at room temp for 12 hours, it has to be kept cold!

Edited by j swift

• Members

One gets the sense that Colin's stay will not be long in Salem.  You can't yell and threaten a woman on day 1 and expect to be alive for very long (see George as an example).

Please register in order to view this content

And, I'll share mine.  How long can one hack writer use the same publicity photo?

Edited by j swift

• Members

I don't want to victim blame especially if Colin is abusive, but I am shocked Talia is onboard with this.  This is an idiotic plan, he's an jerk, and she didn't even think about coming up with an alibi when her sister is not only a cop but also lives with her.  That's really not smart.  

• Members

I think her least reasonable plan was giving up medicine because she met a cute guy with an accent. 

On the other hand, Jada's assumption that Talia is lying about taking aspirin when she had a headache because she has access to other medications is absurd.  For over one hundred years aspirin has been proven to be the most effective treatment for a headache (don't let Tylenol fool ya) and doctors aren't allowed to self-prescribe.

Edited by j swift