GENERAL HOSPITAL February 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Hey Toups!!

I totally agree.  I absolutely loved that last line from Ryan.  It was nice to have Mac's role as Ryan's great archrival recognized, along with the scene where Felicia put her arms around Kevin.  In recent years GH has downplayed the importance of downgraded characters to major storylines involving their longtime friends and rivals.  

Remember when Jerry Jax came back and went years without having a scene with Bobby?  Or how Brenda had one lousy scene with Ned when she returned in 2002?  I am glad that GH did a decent job of keeping Felicia in Ryan's story, even as they updated it to put the focus on Ava.  But Mac hasn't been as involved as I would have liked.  It is great that he is the one who finally killed Ryan.  

Is there any doubt that Jason would have been the one to finish him off if Steve Burton was still on the show?

• Members

Ruined for me by literally every character that showed up in the opening segment.

The immediate disinterest that washed over me when Dante and Sam showed up, followed by Cody then Sasha then Joss and Dex then Brook Lynn then SONNY. It's like they didn't want me to watch at all today.

So I didn't. What a boring bunch of characters. I realized today I can't stand more than half of the cast.

• Members

I would literally contribute to a paid phone hotline to have Willow killed off, like DC Comics did in the '80s to let fans decide whether Jason Todd's Robin lived or died. I could not care less about her or Michael. She needs to be dead and he needs to be gone for a long stretch. Same with Maxie. Sasha must vanish, she basically has already. Dex is hot but boring. Chase, hot but boring.

There is real potential in some of the younger stars - Setton's BLQ can do much better, and IMO Josh Kelly could do better too if they leaned into the 'hunky stableboy' thing and dropped most of the rest of his terrible intro, or said he was Mac's by someone other than Dominique. Eden McCoy is tolerable in a certain role, but Joss should be downgraded; she should be support for the youth stars Spencer and Trina, and Cameron and maybe a new Emma Drake on the other side (who I would shock the audience by turning into a real closet terror even though the entire town thinks she would naturally be the golden child). Joss can be turned into a comic character, a spoiled rich girl or screwball schemer, until you find a really strong actor. The biggest issue is story. They know hot young people must be on the show, but they write most of them like they are either 15 or 40, or at times both in the same scene. They don't let them do hot young people things bc it might offend what they perceive to be the sensibilities of the core audience. Easier to talk about babies, paternity and silly subplots like scheming to 'get' a scammy manager who does bad things. And like I said a couple weeks ago, that music subplot is pretty classic cocaine '80s soap fluff! It could be fun. It's just that it executed so poorly and the characters are all written like total simps.

• Members

Yeah lol

We all knew the great streak of episodes wasn’t going to last forever, but yeah they really should have followed up with more of the characters that were involved in that streak. 

Monday-Wednesday were the good episodes 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

Hire:

• Kendrick Cross as Detective Bennett (series regular)
  • Gavin Houston as Zeke Robinson (series regular)
  • Ricco Ross as Sterling Robinson (recurring)

Fire:

• Michael Easton as Hamilton Finn
  • Roger Howarth as Austin Gatlin-Holt

This is the solarium, and likely the replacement for for the Q parlor:

Please register in order to view this content