• Members

I have to laugh at how enraged the intellectually- and socially-limited fan boys are, as they scream about how the inclusion of LGBTQ+ characters in the mix is "destroying the show" because "there were no qu**r characters in the game."

Um, hello? They obviously never played the original games or know anything about them. They are just jumping on the homophobic bandwagon and soiling their painties in rage out of knee-jerk (emphasis on the "jerk," LOL) bigotry.

Their impotent fury is hilarious. Whatever would they do if faced with actual, real problems?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Over a game? Yeah, that's crazy. It sort of makes me think of the Dr. Suess and Mr. Potato Head scandal, lol!

Is the FEDRA organization ran by the fireflys? I think you'll enjoy S01E07. It's another one of those flashback scenes but it digs further into Ellie. She's a firecracker I tell ya. In this episode, you'll see what she meant when she told Joel that she has killed a person. At first, I thought she was bluffing as telling Joel that she has killed before would reassure him that she's capable of using a gun. It's a good episode.

• Members

Started watching today and at the end of Episode 2. Loving this actress so I'm so annoyed at this ending.

About to start Episode 3 and getting nervous.

It definitely gets you in the feels. His daughter and her woman were my favorites so far so of course...it's downhill from there. lol. But I like all the characters so far. Shoutout to the woman scientist in Indonesia. That actress sold that whole scene at the start of Episode 2. 

• Members

Awwwww, Pedro! 

Please register in order to view this content

Showin' some love for the show. Get ready for Episode 3! It's so touching. Kudos to both Murray Bartlett and Nick Offerman for such a beautiful story. This is what soaps need. Hahaha! I'm serious! Although you know what? Whenever I see Murray Bartlett, I can't seem to get his character who defecated in someone's luggage in The White Lotus out of my head.  But I live for it.

• Members

He'll always be Dom from LOOKING for me.

I watched Episode 3. I will be very curious to see how the person who wanted me to watch it especially felt about it. He said he cried like a baby.

Me? It definitely got me in my feelings. And I liked that they subvert the Bury My Gay trope and turned something typical into something quite beautiful, romantic, Wuthering Heights-ish. But perhaps I've coming from it from a different perspective than others. Or looking deeper than I think. Or not looking deeper enough. From a writer's point of view, that episode was beautifully constructed. 

Or perhaps I fell like it was not going to end well. And I did love the role reversal between them. Or perhaps i was expecting a bit of the MAGICIANS episode 'A Life in a Day.'

I don't know. I feel it didn't hit me like it has others and I am still wondering why. 

Usually if I'm still thinking about something from a show/movie...it's a good sign though so  

• Members

When folks are melting down and gnashing their teeth over all these minor, absurd "issues," you know they have lost their minds, LOL.

I think FEDRA is run by the "remaining government," and the Fireflies are members a resistance force, so I don't believe FEDRA is run by the Fireflies. The two organizations appear to be battling each other.

Check out this essay on the two groups:

https://mashable.com/article/the-last-of-us-fireflies-fedra-hbo

Pedro  Pascal gets cuter and more appealing every time I see him!

The fact that soaps no longer even attempt drama like this is a major reason why soaps are failing, IMHO.

I'm very impressed by the casting of this series. Everyone, from the leading regulars to the one-time guest stars and bit players are impressive.

What did you think of the third episode?

I've watched eight of the season's nine episodes as of right now. Every one of them has been a roller-coaster ride.

• Members

Ugh. I guess I'm confused because the article said this:

Please register in order to view this content

Oh, wait. I assumed that the show had 8 episodes because it seems to me a lot of series wrap it up in 8. I hate that. So, the cliffhanger for the season finale is that Joel lied to Ellie?  

• Members

Remember when sales for Reese's Pieces skyrocketed when E.T. pimped the product? I kind of wonder how the sales are doing for Chef Boyardee since it seems to be the only delectable cuisine for these characters.  

Edited by Noel