• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Webmaster

You'll be seeing more of this in the coming weeks as the show awaits news on a renewal. 

Also, this week and next week's episodes are the start of what was taped around the time the news of the show's move to Peacock was announced, meaning we're about to start seeing the Peacock exclusively taped episodes soon, although not exactly the ones that were written for Peacock exclusively.

• Members

Okay but the credits for individual actors were based on their status at the time the episodes were taped, right?  Lindsay's contract status in summer 2022 wouldn't relate to whether or not DAYS is renewed in 2023.

I'm curious if all the actors' contract statuses would have changes or adjustments when they changed from taping episodes planned for daytime broadcast to taping episodes planned for streaming.

Edited by janea4old

• Webmaster

They all still have contracts which expire at various periods, but it's becoming clear that a lot of them aren't really for long periods of time. With DAYS in particular, the longevity of the show is always in doubt so it's hard for them to lock people in for a lengthy contract. Meanwhile, Y&R/B&B know they'll still be around in 10 years even though they aren't renewed yet for that time frame and GH can be canceled on a whim but until that happens they run with the assumption the show will be around for another 60 years.

With the six months ahead taping schedule, and the lack of certainty, it's becoming easier for DAYS to drop people to recurring, or fire its entire cast, just to get a contract.

• Members

I get @Errol's point about the production and contracts, but it seems surprising in terms of the writing because Allie is featured in this week's promo about Marlena's illness, and Chanel's civil trial with Sloan is upcoming.  Also, structurally, I think it was a huge mistake to attach another young character to a baby so quickly.

Edited by j swift

• Members

IMHO Chandler Massey(Will) is a pretty good actor, yeah he has the smirking ticks, but that doesn't take away from when his acting is good. Also an actor going off contract, does NOT mean they are leaving, SMH.  I think Lindsay Arnold is pretty good.

Jessica Michel Serfaty(Sloan) is the worst actor on the show IMHO.  Remington Hoffman(Li) I'd say is next, with Galen Gering(Rafe) very close. 

Edited by David_Vickers