• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Damn!!!

Please register in order to view this content

terrible week! 

Julian was one of the most entertaining characters in Daytime, while he was hilarious as a calculating ruthless villain, I loved how they redeemed Julian into a decent human being for those 3-4 years..a shame that was wiped away, a year or so before the show got cancelled, and Julian was more mustache twirling then ever, yet Masters always rose above that OTT material. I particularly loved all his scenes with Kim Ulrich and Juliet Mills! And of course his and Timmy’s scenes were always so fun!

RIP!! 

Edited by YRfan23

• Members

Yet another actor who appeared on AW in the early '80s passing away over the last year. I know that is logical considering this was 40 years ago...still, it's unsettling.

I wasn't into Passions, but I always thought Ben Masters was a classically handsome, deeply charismatic actor, with a sly sense of humor that served him well on such an absurd show. He did a lot of roles, but Passions seemed to be the one that brought him the most note. And for a while, personal happiness (how long were he and Tracey Ross together?)

Just yesterday I was looking through a Soap Opera Weekly from 2000 that had a Julian Crane advice column. Weird timing. 

• Administrator

Well said!    In addition to your list, I'd like to add Andrea Evans to it.   I loved Rebecca and Julian. LOL Julian Crane is one of my all time favourite soap characters because of Ben Masters' portrayal.  His scenes were always entertaining no matter what the material was.  RIP Ben.

• Members

Awww RIP

I was a big fan of Julian too. His comedic timing and the chemistry that he had with his costars was brilliant. And I loved how much he appreciated the character and the show in general. Too bad he never appeared in any Zoom reunions. I would've loved to have heard from him.

And also, about his few months on AW too.

• Members

What I can recall of his storylines that I have not blocked out for my own sanity I remember him always playing to the hilt. As titan said, he totally got (and embodied) the show. RIP.

Edited by Vee